Wild Fire 2024

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it’s a big lake but knowing it’s a big busy lake easy enough to section off one area and patrol for the water bombers. Based on location of fire that would already be pre planned as to where they are coming in. It always a planned set course to be efficient. Boaters need to be smart but it also require some organizing and planning when having planes swoop down on a busy lake. Just my .02

And love the blaming AB boaters like interior BC boaters are any better. And like 99% of the boats out there aren’t BC boats. Besides lake boaters are lake boaters no matter the province.
Ha Ha a lot of prairie boaters have BC numbers on their boats. And ya not many have a clue.

Pulling a skier thru our course in turtle bay the other day and a boat is floating just off the #3turn ball. Drop skier at end to shorten line and they come powering over and clueless bitch proceeds to tell us "it is a no wake zone can't you see the bouys"

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday some guy cut me off in traffic,and i was like ur dumb. Learn to drive or Go back to africa.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought after a fire the timber had to be logged at a certain time after?
I think it depends on the moisture of the trees, There is(or was they're working on fires now) a crew logging last year's burn near my place

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on the moisture of the trees, There is(or was they're working on fires now) a crew logging last year's burn near my place
Thanks for the information.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All these towns and cities that have burned in the last how many years have all had a source of water nearby. Fort Mac, Slave lake, even Hawaii, now Jasper. Just to name some. The equipment for fighting fires is around and available. When communities are alerted. The equipment and manpower needs to be dispatched immediately and start providing protection for communities. Money better spent then rainbow sidewalks and crosswalks!

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is very true but if you have ever been up close to one, it will blow your mind how fast they travel and how easily they can switch direction. And then fires that are underground pop up all over the place as well

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240802_061808_Samsung Internet.jpg

^^^ A hot dry season ahead ^^^

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought after a fire the timber had to be logged at a certain time after?
Yep, once the tree is burnt it basically dies. Once it stops sucking up water it dries out and checks. This makes poor lumber to cut and sell. Dry wood also messes with the kilns and drying times…moisture left in the wood. It’s a thing.
Depending on how bad the burn is too. Most wood that has be blacken and has no limbs left are basically junk, or if the knot holes are burnt it down grades the wood. They definitely don’t want any chips for pulp that has black in it to so lost of waist.
So they have about one year after a fire to salvage log it.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most the stuff burning I thought was decimated by the pine beetle. Useless for wood after that anyway

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought if it is not burnt but is pine beetle killed it's still worth money

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After the beetle kills the tree it becomes known as “dead standing timber”. If harvested within 5 years these trees can still be used for wood products and sequester their carbon storage. If not harvested these trees are left to fall over and decay, resulting in millions of board feet of kindling in our forests

What google says.. so it is still usable if harvested right away

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After the beetle kills the tree it becomes known as “dead standing timber”. If harvested within 5 years these trees can still be used for wood products and sequester their carbon storage. If not harvested these trees are left to fall over and decay, resulting in millions of board feet of kindling in our forests

What google says.. so it is still usable if harvested right away
It can for sure depending on the how badly burned, loggers hate it.. its dirty lots of air filters and hard on blades/chains etc. Be interested to see what excuses they come up with for not doing it. "motorized vehicles"

Top Bottom