what sled suits me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys! not sure if this news is good or bad , but i might be moving to british columbia this spring :confused: and am wondering what mountain sled to buy , i dont think i will ride polaris , arctic cat or ski-doo and that only leaves yamaha! so what yamaha should i buy? 2stroke or 4stroke? i want something that a 5ft 144 lb dude can ride easily , what size paddle? how long a track? and i've heard about turbo'd 4strokes , do i need one?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys! not sure if this news is good or bad , but i might be moving to british columbia this spring :confused: and am wondering what mountain sled to buy , i dont think i will ride polaris , arctic cat or ski-doo and that only leaves yamaha! so what yamaha should i buy? 2stroke or 4stroke? i want something that a 5ft 144 lb dude can ride easily , what size paddle? how long a track? and i've heard about turbo'd 4strokes , do i need one?

Yamaha only makes 2 models, an Apex and Nytro. Both are really heavy, the Nytro is a bit lighter so might wanna go with this one.
Yamaha doesn't make 2 strokes anymore.

You sound like the same kid from a few weeks ago.:eek: We all know how that went...

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking, that was a hilarious post, was very entertaining, LMAO.:d

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking, that was a hilarious post, was very entertaining, LMAO.:d

i remember reading that thread!!! lol wasnt that the same kid who posted all that crap about the rx-1 who apologized and then went back and did it all again? THAT WAS FUNNY!!! hope this thread doesnt end up like that! lol. and i do no that yamaha do not make 2strokes antmore i was thinkin like mountain max years. anymore input?

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're only 5ft and a buck 44, why do you want the heaviest sled out there? You'd be deadly on a Polaris or Summit 600 or an M7. Most guys would chop a leg off to get weight reduced to that point. ;)

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There all reliable unless you start modding them .....trust the guys here they are speaking from expereance. Travisfader on here rides a 04 viper with a 159x2 finger and i guarantee he will tell you to go to a lighter m series (prob 6 or 7) or maybe an older summit 600. He loves his yami's but hes also a BIG boy and can throw just about anything around (i think hes 5,11 and 310 or somethin around there). If he was 5,5 and 140 pounds he would be riding somethin lighter..... hop on a m-series in the mountains if you get the chance i promise you that for a smaller guy its a WAY funner ride and at the end of the day thats what its all about anyways JUST FUN no matter what brand or CC.

P.S Spend the money and go with EFI system no matter what you end up buying

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There all reliable unless you start modding them .....trust the guys here they are speaking from expereance. Travisfader on here rides a 04 viper with a 159x2 finger and i guarantee he will tell you to go to a lighter m series (prob 6 or 7) or maybe an older summit 600. He loves his yami's but hes also a BIG boy and can throw just about anything around (i think hes 5,11 and 310 or somethin around there). If he was 5,5 and 140 pounds he would be riding somethin lighter..... hop on a m-series in the mountains if you get the chance i promise you that for a smaller guy its a WAY funner ride and at the end of the day thats what its all about anyways JUST FUN no matter what brand or CC.

P.S Spend the money and go with EFI system no matter what you end up buying

thanks man! i would not consider polaris or ski-doo but i might buy a arctic cat. whats the gas mileage like? "i hate pigs!" lol:d

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey nice dog in your avatar and I was wondering if you are Joey`s brother. Buy a Yamahaaa hhaaa

mattthegreat

Reaction score
go with a m series cat i am 5 foot 9 and 150 pounds soaking wet and i have no problem with my m8 i can throw it around pretty good a yamaha is goin to be way to heavy for you.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not a doo, a SDI 600 summit would be great for you easy on fuel and reliable.:d

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your die hard yamaha deffinately get the nytro, although its a bit heavier than any other mountain sled, its not that bad to throw around plus this years nytro has had so many upgrades its hardly the same sled other ppl think of as being a doscile clumsy beast (at least thats what this years reviews are saying :d) but in the deep i dont find mine that hard to pull on, so really it couldnt be that hard for you to ride. but deffinately take advantage of the test drive option before you buy :beer:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your die hard yamaha deffinately get the nytro, although its a bit heavier than any other mountain sled, its not that bad to throw around plus this years nytro has had so many upgrades its hardly the same sled other ppl think of as being a doscile clumsy beast (at least thats what this years reviews are saying :d) but in the deep i dont find mine that hard to pull on, so really it couldnt be that hard for you to ride. but deffinately take advantage of the test drive option before you buy :beer:

my dad had a nytro with a 121 and i drove it and loved it! crazy throttle response!!! thanks guys!:d:beer:

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
144 lbs, and 5'0, definitly has its advantages for weight to hp ratio. For reliability I find that 600's have the same engine, as an 700-800 but not as boar'd out. Therefore 600 tend to be more reliable, and possibly less weight to try and throw around verse a big ole yamaha 4stroke.

Great advice from previous posters.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
144 lbs, and 5'0, definitly has its advantages for weight to hp ratio. For reliability I find that 600's have the same engine, as an 700-800 but not as boar'd out. Therefore 600 tend to be more reliable, and possibly less weight to try and throw around verse a big ole yamaha 4stroke.

Great advice from previous posters.

k so what sled do u think i should buy?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k so what sled do u think i should buy?

I have my personal preferences, I would like to say Polaris 600, but Polaris has been really poor this year. I dont think Artic cat has as great of resale value, Ski-doo did have issues going to light in the past causing weak points, but have really produced a good product this and last year. I am a polaris guy all growing up, but I'd go with a Rotax 600 H.O E-TEC - Electric Start - Blue/Black - 146 inch.

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I ride a '00 Mountain Max 700 and I love it. However I'm 200 pounds and 6'1", so tossing it around is no problem for me. I don't find it too different than my old summit as far as the weight is concerned, but it has way more torque and seems to climb just about anything I point it at.
The other nice thing about it is that I can still get brand new parts from Yamaha for it. BRP has discontinued alot of parts for any S or ZX chassis models now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom