Valemount

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW!. honestly i dont know how he did that. ive gone ALONG ways down that creek and it gets so thick and willowy. not a fun trip anyways. glad hes ok.

im just curious. there was a flatspot at the bottom of that first hill.....any idea why he didnt stop there and walk out :confused:

I asked him the same thing. He said he thought he could turn around if he went a little further down. But once he slid over the steep part where you guys sledded down to, he saw the slope to the left heading back towards the East and he thought he may be able to get out there.

By the time they picked him up with the chopper, he had walked about 4 miles.

Yeah, glad he is ok. Buddy and I spent the night at the cop shop giving them all the info we had on his location which caused us to miss the banquet at the school..........I think he owes us lots of beer.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer the chalet continental. If you are a facebook friend, they give an extra good rate.
Loose moose is a hit and miss with food. Someone in a group of 4 will get a bad meal.

Caribou grill is the best. Old hotel has some ok chinese food.

Best and I mean best breakfast, is that restaurant about 3 minutes north of Valemount on the highway.. Can't remember the name. 8 vehicles, not one alberta plate in the parking lot. Great prices, AWESOME breakfasts.
Their hashbrowns are wicked, not french fried.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Chalet Continental as well. We had a room with three queen beds and the owner goes out and sweeps the snow off your vehicle each morning!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya chalet is awesome too. we used to stay there every weekend.

your right about the loose moose it went to poop the last few years.

cant get a clubhouse for dinner wtf?

i think the restraunt your talking about on the highway is just called the family restraunt never been will have to try...

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forgot to mention if you are a guy that needs a pool or a hot tub the one at the premier mountain lodge is under construction to.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, rode the sled down about 200 yrds from the bottom then started walking the creek. He was lifted out by 9:00 or so the next morning and the sled came out the following day. We sledded two more days while he got caught up on some soaps!

its about friggen time we got some info on this guy i figured he had passed away as not a soul would speak about him

glad to hear hes ok spending a night on the mountain walking out is alot better then what could have happened.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
ya chalet is awesome too. we used to stay there every weekend.

your right about the loose moose it went to poop the last few years.

cant get a clubhouse for dinner wtf?

i think the restraunt your talking about on the highway is just called the family restraunt never been will have to try...

I seriosly.... Didn't do anything to/ anyone in .....your hot tub lol.........

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer the chalet continental. If you are a facebook friend, they give an extra good rate.
Loose moose is a hit and miss with food. Someone in a group of 4 will get a bad meal.

Best and I mean best breakfast, is that restaurant about 3 minutes north of Valemount on the highway.. Can't remember the name. 8 vehicles, not one alberta plate in the parking lot. Great prices, AWESOME breakfasts.

Ok the chinese food is not ok... lol its gross! and why is everything closed till like 4 or 5 on sundays? my only compliant about vale... and the donair place was closed the whole weekend of MM4 :cray:

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
strange usually they are always open. last time i had the chinese food it was awesome...hmmm

what really... wow... out of the three of us, only one person ate something.. and it was only the chicken balls... rest was nasty. lol

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info! We ended up booking that legacy vaction rental house, so we are pretty excited about that. Hope to see some people out there that weekend, and maybe get twisted up with some of you guys from here!

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

McClellan or something like that family restaraunt. Thats were i usually stop for breakfast also.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McClellan or something like that family restaraunt. Thats were i usually stop for breakfast also.

McLennan River Family Restaurant and Truck Stop. Right across Highway 5 from Yellowhead Helicopters. Yellowhead Helicopters is another business in Town that is good to know where it is located so you can tell your buddies where to pick you up should you be unfortunate enough to have you and your snowmobile dropped off there.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Just arrived at valemount and checked in at the nicest place to stay in valemount and that is the legacy vacation rental by whisper creek homes. Shawn and Dianne are the nicest people to deal with, and I would bet all my money that you won't get treated nicer than this. Thank you for a pleasant greeting, great price, and most of all a great place! Thanks a bunch!

Top Bottom