testament to dodge!

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow 6.5 days of climbing hills , overheating , hard/sudden breaking going down huge hills. yet the cummins did it without a hitch! the tranny slipped once the entire trip hauling 25,000 lbs! going down seemingly endless hills! that made brakes molten hot! that thing kicks azz!!! summitric , man i know you like them and i gotta say they make one hell of a truck!!!!

the topaz did not make it , it broke down in thunder bay , brakes failed going down a hill:eek: sold it to speedy auto repair for $100.

we got here last night.

dodge are awesome trucks!!! some hills we crawled up in 4x4 low! but it still did it!

where were ya ferniesnow? i did not see ya!!!:nono:

friggen ford.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
wow 6.5 days of climbing hills , overheating , hard/sudden breaking going down huge hills. yet the cummins did it without a hitch! the tranny slipped once the entire trip hauling 25,000 lbs! going down seemingly endless hills! that made brakes molten hot! that thing kicks azz!!! summitric , man i know you like them and i gotta say they make one hell of a truck!!!!

the topaz did not make it , it broke down in thunder bay , brakes failed going down a hill:eek: sold it to speedy auto repair for $100.

we got here last night.

dodge are awesome trucks!!! some hills we crawled up in 4x4 low! but it still did it!

friggen ford.

Glad you made it in one piece. Now to register that truck in BC it needs a vehicle inspection and probably some repairs. Remember BC stands for bring cash!! :beer::d:beer:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you made it in one piece. Now to register that truck in BC it needs a vehicle inspection and probably some repairs. Remember BC stands for bring cash!! :beer::d:beer:

yah , its got new brakes , brake lines , new tires , new traction bar , new steering gear , new tie rod ends , ball joints all together about $3000 worth of work so it should pass , we bought it for $4,500 , its a 97 with now 330,000 kms , and it would woop any ford , climb any hill , and we just pounded it and it still runs perfect!!! man roger's pass is dangerous at night! those trucker's drive like idiots! they almost ran us off the road! one would not pass but insisted on tail gating at night , through mountain passes in the rain!!! if we had a cb my dad was gonna say "would you like to know the names of the people your about to kill?" just plain stupid!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to hear from ya joey. you guys musta took a wrong turn if you needed 4 low to get up em. :d

oh yeh forgot you were driving a dodge. sorry . lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

we got here last night.

friggen ford.

Now, Modman, nobody and I mean nobody sends telegrams anymore! Get off the pot please.....

I also just wanted to let everyone know that I searched for 4 days looking for the Tempo/Topaz and that Cummins to no avail! Just got back from Vancouver today and saw nothing. Nothing going nor coming! Nothing at the ferry terminal! Nothing in the tunnels! Nothing behind tow trucks! Nothing stranded beside the road! Nothing.....

Joey, where are you?
.......that was from another thread "Joeys send his love" i think.

Just to let you know that I was looking Joey....You're some lucky....one of these days it might be different!!

All joking aside, I'm glad you're in BC and you/we can get on with life. Sure a long way to any snow from Victoria, good luck!!:d:d

Last edited:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Island Joey,glad you made it,Damm and I was hopin for the topaz,owell,now you better get ajob to buy that Yamaha,nights are gettin colder wont be long now,

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear you made it here ok Scrambled and me will have to get yuo up in the mountains once the snow fly's

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah , its got new brakes , brake lines , new tires , new traction bar , new steering gear , new tie rod ends , ball joints all together about $3000 worth of work so it should pass , we bought it for $4,500 , its a 97 with now 330,000 kms , and it would woop any ford , climb any hill , and we just pounded it and it still runs perfect!!! man roger's pass is dangerous at night! those trucker's drive like idiots! they almost ran us off the road! one would not pass but insisted on tail gating at night , through mountain passes in the rain!!! if we had a cb my dad was gonna say "would you like to know the names of the people your about to kill?" just plain stupid!!

Those damn truckers:rant: glad you made it in one piece:)

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey glad to hear you all made it ok little buddy. Bogger was beside himself worrying and fretting, same with modman. All we heard was how worried they were, so get posting so they know your ok and spread the love to them :d

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we got here last night.

friggen ford.

Better check out the new ford diesel tests by a 3rd party testers (unbiased evaluations, not Ford).
The new 2011 Ford technology just trumped them all (especially the Dodge). Time will tell if the new Ford Diesel is as good as the tests indicate it is. Duramax and Cummins better head to the drawing board. The link below is only one of many evaluations I found on the internet.

Check this out on You tube. yes it compares a 2011
Ford to a 2010 Dodge. But I doubt the 2011 Dodge will be much different than the 2011. I could be wrong. What it does show is that Ford is no longer coming in last. They are now a serious contender and better in many areas. I am not Ford Biased (Don't even own a Ford, I have a GM Yukon and love it). Just love the new technology Ford is coming out with.

On you tube copy paist this..Diesel-Powered Throwdown! 2011 Ford Super Duty vs 2010 Ram HD

and

Ford Super Duty Towing Demo

I can hear the nay sayers now. :d:d

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rumor has dodge in 2012 will have a new powerplant they are calling it duramax and this is a fairly reliable source :eek::eek::eek:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rumor has dodge in 2012 will have a new powerplant they are calling it duramax and this is a fairly reliable source :eek::eek::eek:

Great! Had 01 dodge, 04 dodge, 08 gmc and now back to dodge with a 2010.(all diesels)

Now I will have to buy more of that oil absorbant stuff for the garage floor if I have to have another Duramax.

At least I wont feel 10 years older with that gmc/chevy chassis as it will have a dodge chassis!

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you made it...not sure where the heck you were driving if you needed 4-lo but happy to hear you made it safe and sound...

17 kms up a 8% but it made it with 3 breaks in between the bottom and top! biggest hill i ever seen , even the truckers were taking breaks!:eek:

i like the island , so far its sunny and warm , WAY nicer people then ontario , and i can ride my bike everywhere!

maybe it was modman!

friggen truckers!

Top Bottom