Supercharged Apex

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The spring I run on my secondary is white and like I said very easy to set in the mountains, one set back i've been told it wears the buttons off alot faster other than that works well. With u running the sensor off one pipe doe's it give u a accurate reading and can't u put a small shield in front of the sensor if u put it before the y pipe. Haven't put one in before and how hard is it to get at if u have it before the y pipe. With the track I was thinking between a camoplast extreme 162 x 2.5 or go to a 174x2.5 and slide the suspention back about 5.5" This is the way kenny at mountain magic has been doing it on all of the sleds he's been doing. He said some guys have been drop and role their sleds and it works real well but the cost is their also. With putting on a 174 and slide the suspention back it changes the attack angle but drop and role cost is much higher, was also told not to put a 3" track in because it doesn't fit under the tunnel and it tears the tips of the track and turns into a 2.5" track real fast.

Here's a pic of my o2 sensor install. I pic'd here as it's easy to get at to replace. Otherwise it's drilling out rivets or dropping your suspension. Works good here, it's only at 1200rpms it reads lean, as soon as I touch the throttle the readings come down and seem accurate.

Attachments

• IMGP1139.jpg
    IMGP1139.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMGP1141.jpg
    IMGP1141.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 164

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my o2 sensor install. I pic'd here as it's easy to get at to replace. Otherwise it's drilling out rivets or dropping your suspension. Works good here, it's only at 1200rpms it reads lean, as soon as I touch the throttle the readings come down and seem accurate.
Thanks shawn I'll be loking at putting a o2 sensor in this summer when I put a new track on my sled, not riding for a while jumped a 15 ft by 6 ft deep hole, foot got stuck in the sterup hyper exstended the muscles from the knee to the butt. Went partioly over the hood and my left foot didn't pop out so i'm out for a while and walking real slow for now but i'm going back out as soon as possible.

powder muncher

Reaction score
This is what I did if possible always go ahead of the muffler else you will get inacurate readings at lower power setting .

A real pain on the stock exhaust.

Attachments

• IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 161

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks shawn I'll be loking at putting a o2 sensor in this summer when I put a new track on my sled, not riding for a while jumped a 15 ft by 6 ft deep hole, foot got stuck in the sterup hyper exstended the muscles from the knee to the butt. Went partioly over the hood and my left foot didn't pop out so i'm out for a while and walking real slow for now but i'm going back out as soon as possible.

Ouch!

powder muncher

Reaction score
Went out drag racing this weekend.

The Powerclaw track has a hard time with the power of the SC

Got the initial hock up dialled in not bad but it brakes loose 1/3 down the 660 run once I hit speed, like the paddles are bending over to much when she starts stretching here legs.

Not sure if I should go camo extreme or the new accent track.

Anyone with info??

Wildreaper

Reaction score
One of the best things I ever did was "Sell" my apex with stage 1 supercharger, just when you get the mapping figured out then all the clutching figured out, the throttle position sensor will go, then replace it then the O2 sensor will burn out. End up spending more time wrenching than riding. Also remember to carry traction fluid @ $180.00 a pint. After 3 years of screwing with all these variables my 2 cents is "Go turbo, MPI superchargers suck.

powder muncher

Reaction score
That is to bad.

I have had about 6 good rides on it so far and no problems just did some basic set up got air fuel all dialed for a few different altitudes so no need for air fuel after that. I hope I have better luck than you.

We have a lot of MCX turbos here and they seem to be the most reliable but that said there are several superchargers of the first production run still running around here with very litle problems. Any isues that did arise are well known by now and easily dealt with.

I did have a turbo and went to the super for something different to play with.

Good luck with the turbo they are all fun.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the best things I ever did was "Sell" my apex with stage 1 supercharger, just when you get the mapping figured out then all the clutching figured out, the throttle position sensor will go, then replace it then the O2 sensor will burn out. End up spending more time wrenching than riding. Also remember to carry traction fluid @ $180.00 a pint. After 3 years of screwing with all these variables my 2 cents is "Go turbo, MPI superchargers suck.

Haha I wish my luck was as good as yours. If these were the worst of your problems, then a couple hours and under $300 you're back in action. Was this your first boosted sled? I'm not going to lie, it takes awhile to get these things dialed in, but you learn a lot after the first and the technology and fuel controllers are top notch now. Nothing wrong with the S/C sleds these days.

powder muncher

Reaction score
May need to eat some of my comments.

Had my gem just lean out the sled from 12 to 1 to 13.5 to one .

Bumped up the fuel got it back to 12 to 1 again runs flawless again for the rest of the day.

No harm done just not happy with things just changing for no apparent reason.

pedsled

Reaction score
I finally got some snow down here and went ahead and pre seasoned my sled. Upon doing so i realized that for some reason when I turn my bars all the way to one side, the throttle would speed up and that I had adjusted the cable at the throttle bodies so it wouldn't do that anymore and while looking at it i noticed that when I pinch off the throttle it was only opening the throttle bodies to aprox 3/4 never hit WOT!! I thought to myself, could this have had something to do with fuel acting up and running out? well I adjusted back to where WOT was WOT and took it out for a ride and sure as ch!t, it ran hard and never missed a lick so i conducted a little experiment and did a good hill climb while holding the throttle lever at 3/4 and guess what it had the same problem as before, interesting, I did the exact same run at WOT and over the top with no issues whatsoever!! Apparently the TPS and the gems don't quite jive at long runs at 3/4 throttle. At least not my sled! BTW mine is the first production run MPI kit right after they developed it and it still works. I rode hard till i was almost out of fuel and it never let me down this time!! I just put the attack 20 162 on it backwards and that made a huge difference, I love it!! I got the idle issue figured out also, it was lean on the bottom and now it purrs. I need more snow now.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally got some snow down here and went ahead and pre seasoned my sled. Upon doing so i realized that for some reason when I turn my bars all the way to one side, the throttle would speed up and that I had adjusted the cable at the throttle bodies so it wouldn't do that anymore and while looking at it i noticed that when I pinch off the throttle it was only opening the throttle bodies to aprox 3/4 never hit WOT!! I thought to myself, could this have had something to do with fuel acting up and running out? well I adjusted back to where WOT was WOT and took it out for a ride and sure as ch!t, it ran hard and never missed a lick so i conducted a little experiment and did a good hill climb while holding the throttle lever at 3/4 and guess what it had the same problem as before, interesting, I did the exact same run at WOT and over the top with no issues whatsoever!! Apparently the TPS and the gems don't quite jive at long runs at 3/4 throttle. At least not my sled! BTW mine is the first production run MPI kit right after they developed it and it still works. I rode hard till i was almost out of fuel and it never let me down this time!! I just put the attack 20 162 on it backwards and that made a huge difference, I love it!! I got the idle issue figured out also, it was lean on the bottom and now it purrs. I need more snow now.
good to hear still having having trouble with the setup on my apex took it out for a ride pulls real hard at 10500 but then drops to 9000 in deeper snow. Talked to darren at e&s and we took the secondary to a purple spring which I believe is a stronger spring so this should help I hope. Can't check it out because we have no snow so all I can do is hope,

Top Bottom