jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
e197d3d097e7c6a72bad0d94dda07108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can seem to find the answers I’m looking for online or from retailers so I’m hoping my fellow S&M’rs can help me out. We just got rid of Xplornet and went with Starlink, a definite improvement. Now we’d like to cut the cable from satellite but need some advice getting the right streaming setup. Some background info…we are both iPhone and iPad users, no home computer and not super technically literate how to set all this up. We do still want access to live tv, Global, CTV, etc, cowboy channel, RFD-TV, Discovery, History and be able to get Paramount+. I don’t know what the best streaming device is to get and what costs would be associated getting all these different apps, or how to tie it all together. Since we’re apple users already are we better of getting Apple TV? A co-worker has Starlink, a streaming box he ordered off FB and the Startup Show app. From what he has shown me this app has everything we want and more,,,all sports channels, movies that were just released in the last month, live tv, etc, etc, etc. And it actually has a guide for live tv as with cable or satellite, all for $250 US/year. I’m not sure about ordering a non brand name streaming box from some geek working out of their garage but would anyone have any experience using Startup Show on AppleTV, Roku etc, or any advice would helpful. Hoping to make the switch in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks all!

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a roku streaming device, after that its all about apps and what they cost per month.

I only watch movies so not sure about fake news and what not but i do see some apps on there.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazon firestick is what I use to stream. I don't watch any cable shows as they are mostly garbage now.

I have heard that you can get them programmed to do all the above for $15 month though. Haven't done it myself though.

Between YouTube, my Amazon Prime, father in laws Sportsnet, TSN and Crave and Tubi, we can pretty much watch anything we want

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, with roku (and i am sure others) you can stream from a computer or phone to the device and onto the tv. When my parents come to visit my mom has her laptop and streams sportsnet (subscription required) to my roku so dad can watch sports.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, with roku (and i am sure others) you can stream from a computer or phone to the device and onto the tv. When my parents come to visit my mom has her laptop and streams sportsnet (subscription required) to my roku so dad can watch sports.
Can't you just download sportsnet on roku and use their login? I use my fils no problem

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use fire stick and stream live tv through an app called ignite tv.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a apple tv box, I bring it to the company condo when I am on shift and use it in the RV with the starlink, no issues. You need to do your homework on the streaming apps and the monthly costs, the content isn’t as good IMO and I am always cancelling certain apps because they have nothing new on them.
Netflix and telus tv app are my most used, my telus package includes alot of the apps.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Netflix, Prime and Disney are about all i have these days.
this is all we have had for almost 4 years now, there are times that I miss having channels to "surf' but at the same time, it's nice to be able to just forget about a show and pick it up again a week later.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So you spend all this time busting S&M and you can’t even cancel Disney. We told our kids it’s crap and we’re getting rid of it. Pretty simple.

It’s Always sunny in Philadelphia.

Top Bottom