Snow???

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back , nothing to get excited about, little bit of white there but it's awhile yet, barely enough to make a footprint in.

duramaxdan

Reaction score
im good judy how are you and barry?
cant wait to come out thier again
whats barry riding this year?

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Hey Dan we are good. Can't wait to see your group again. Best laughs

Barry will still be riding his 07 Adrenaline again this year - it has a new motor so is as good as new (well, except for a few scratches and dings). He was talking to someone about maybe getting a tester sled, due to his high mileage each year. He put on about 5,000 km last winter. Will see.

Looks like it will be a busy winter for us again this year. Have you signed up for Mountain Mania the end of January?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey there.. Cant totally see the tops of the mtn's yet but the white stuff came a ways down the hills last night..

michaud300c

Reaction score
hi all, say me and some boys are planning a trip to either allan or clamina for nov 26-30...... is that a safe time if so are them 2 hills good or does someone reccomend somwhere else? any intell would be greatly appreciated!!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allan and Clemina are usually accessed out of Valemount, but you will have a great time no matter which area you choose, the snow is deep and the trails will be groomed, so even novice riders can access the alpine areas
c

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
The boys are hauling their sleds up Lucille this weekend with the RZR. They figure there's at least a foot of snow up by the cabin. Been snowing up there for the last few days so they should be able to find something to play in. Will post pictures.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Lucille today with the quads some idiot had run a sled up earlier max snow at cabin was 2 to 3 inches, heard from some local transplants say that there was over a foot. Wow I need a new measuring tape.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bell appears that it has more snow than lucielle and that was the one i was told had almost a foot but dont know for sure as i havnt been up there myself yet.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Was up Lucille today with the quads some idiot had run a sled up earlier max snow at cabin was 2 to 3 inches, heard from some local transplants say that there was over a foot. Wow I need a new measuring tape.

Pictures are posted under "First Ride of the Year". The boys came back happy and smelling like exhaust and fresh air. That was the point of the trail ride - just to have a look see.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

By the time you got up there it had melted and I never said how much snow was up there. I was the one leaving the parking lot when you were getting there. If I had known you were going to call me an idiot I would have come over and said hi.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There won't be enough snow in them hills to ride until at earliest beginning of Nov. I, like many others here I'm sure,have been riding out there since long before groomed trails were thought of to the Renshaw and at best you might get a good ride in the week before Remeberance weekend but not very often. Hoping to be riding the alpine in Oct. is just out of the question, it appears the snow is along ways down, but the accumalation isn't really there. If we are in for a good season come the Remeberance weekend you'll be able to ride to the alpine and go just about anywhere, just mind the occasional surprise hidden not to far down. You'll have to drive up to anywhere between 17-23 kms at that time but you'll unload in about 6-10" of snow and have somewhere in the 2-3 foot range at the cabin.
It's good to see the pictures, but a decent ride is still a few weeks away, I hope. If I hear good things from the folks on the snow I'll be there Nov. 7 for my first ride of the season.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alot of snow up top overnite. No black spots on Big Bell, for sure not enough to sled the alpine yet. Will keep all posted on the conditions and snow depth. Going up to both Bell and Lucille this weekend to make sure all is well for the snow season. Will make sure I have camera for picture proof.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allan and Clemina are usually accessed out of Valemount, but you will have a great time no matter which area you choose, the snow is deep and the trails will be groomed, so even TEAM LOFT can access the alpine areas
c

Right on ...Good to hear

kathy

Reaction score
heard they were closing sledding in the dore this year. anyone know if this is so.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the rumor. The Caribou Recovery people will apparently have a booth at the ASA show October 24 weekend. We will know absolutely for sure at that time.

And I'm sure they'll will have that accurate count of all the caribou. Right Judy...lol Can't wait to see you guys again.

Top Bottom