Renshaw bridge repair

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can't just build a bridge on government land permit after permit is required environment assessments done you might kill a frog doing it

I'm not implying you just go illegally build a bridge. I'm saying to get involved - on any level. I'm sure there's people with many skillsets on here; even if it means filling out paperwork. Do you think the people that run the club are full time professional lobbyists?
Lots of keyboard critics here regarding permits, environmental, etc, yet Pano-dude stated that they got approvals sorted in a month. You don't know until you try.
Reality is, probably none of you even know what is required to get it back open. Seems to be an assumption that full replacement is required. Could be a simple as some boulder/block stacking and a couple loads of compacted fill.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There is more than one bridge on the trail that is affected. Would be a miracle if the existing trail is reopened this season.
Do you know if there is a way that people can step in to help?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t get the issue? Are logging trucks actually driving over this bridge. Winter use is by snowmobile's and a groomer. What do two sleds and riders weigh combined? 900 lbs each at max. Pretty sure the lbs/sq inch are not that much. Including the groomer. I spoke with the gentleman operating the groomer. He informed me that if the groomer did not have corks on it, he could drive on a person with out harm. Due to the the width and length of the tracks.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over and above the bridge issue, I hope Mcbride starts to get better snow again. Last year was so bad, only went once in April and couldnt believe how little snow there was. I miss the years where Renshaw would get weekly reloads and a 12' snowpack

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over and above the bridge issue, I hope Mcbride starts to get better snow again. Last year was so bad, only went once in April and couldnt believe how little snow there was. I miss the years where Renshaw would get weekly reloads and a 12' snowpack
Wasn’t it crappy everywhere last season?

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi any update on the repairs ? I would help if I’m able.
I only got 1 ride at renshaw this winter we got to fix the bridge

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a bridge they just put in in Southern BC
20240711_121021.jpg

Crowfoot mountain acess
20240711_121028.jpg

20240711_121116.jpg

20240711_121129.jpg

20240711_121208.jpg

I think its a 100 tonner,,, there logging back there,,, a forest fire pervention road...

The Municipal district of Macbride would be game for this in the event of a Potential forest fire...

These are easy bridges too put in with approval from the Province of British Columbia...

Its a great snowmobile area ...

Cheers

Don

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a bridge they just put in in Southern BC
View attachment 285528
Crowfoot mountain acess
View attachment 285529

View attachment 285530

View attachment 285531

View attachment 285532

I think its a 100 tonner,,, there logging back there,,, a forest fire pervention road...

The Municipal district of Macbride would be game for this in the event of a Potential forest fire...

These are easy bridges too put in with approval from the Province of British Columbia...

Its a great snowmobile area ...

Cheers

Don
What do you think a bridge like that cost?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know the costs,,, im sure theres some data some where on the government web site...

That bridge is a bit of over-kill for what We had up in Northern albetra and bc,,, normally we'd thrash up the embankments push the bridge across the river with a cat and tug it up the far side embankment with a hoe on the opposite side...

We'd lay in 1 or 3 bridges a day if the heavy hual units could keep up...

High Sierra spur roads,,, pink mountain and area ,,, Hudson hope and lots of other Northern locations... We'd do ice bridges for the Rainbow lk cut across...

Crossing are Our friends,,, David Thompson wished he had some...

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked the sled and ohv bridges they build in Mackenzie bc,,, trees lashed together with wire spanning across creeks,,, Rivers and swamps...

There getting pretty rickety by now but they were top notch back in the day,,, maybe one of us have a photo of them...

Spruce trees with the limbs removed,,, the locals lashed them together stilts and all...

It helped them get back there early in the sled season long before the water bodys froze...

Forestry would remove them then a new one would be inplace the next day,,, the Rangers finally give up... lol...

PEZ

Reaction score
I located the following information today on the BC government website:

Renshaw Trail (REC6822) - Previously known as McKale River Parks Road off Mountain View FSR
Bridge at 2.6km (G3-119) downrated to 0 tonnes
Bridge at15km (G3-121) downrated to 0 tonnes
Bridge at 16km (G3-122) downrated to 0 tonnes
Bridge at 18km (G3-123) downrated to 0 tonnes
All bridges on trail closed to all traffic. This includes recreational vehicles such as ATV, UTV & snowmobile.

Repairs and/or replacement of these bridges will be expensive.

Top Bottom