Remove, Replace or Relocate

Ozzy421

Reaction score
Want to make more room on the tunnel on my 2010 RMK 800 for jerry can and shovel bag but the tail light is in the way. I only need about 2 inches

option 1: remove it
option 2: relocate it further back on the tunnel (drill new holes and fab a suport bracket)
Option 3: replace it with a new LED setup mounted on the bumper

What do you guys recomend?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
led for sure. There is actually a guy I know that put the led in the top of his snowflap. princess auto sells a little red led strip light and just just drilled a bunch of holes for the led's to go through. it looks really good. there are pics of it somewhere on this site.

nabr

Reaction score
no one can see the tail light anyway get rid of it unless you ride at night or trail and night riding is stupid:nono::nono:

Ozzy421

Reaction score
new 4" led tail light and Skinz bumper

Attachments

• led tail light.jpg
    led tail light.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 195

t-bomb

Reaction score
where is the light from? I want to do the same thing on my assualt but the tail light is in the way of the tunnel bag?

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i installed a 6 inch slp LED under the seat on a custom L bracket, i also needed to buy an adaptor from slp for the tail light to operate properly, my gas can covers it mostly but it is still there, looks clean and works properly summer facelifts 001.jpg summer facelifts 002.jpg

Top Bottom