snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after googling it tri axle

trailer hauls 30,000 pounds

24 crates on deck

each crate weights 1,250 pounds

just sayin
You think a crated sled weighs 1250 lbs bud? Let’s say the sled is 600 for easy figuring and that’s very high. There is no way the crate weighs 650? I have uncrated hundreds of crates and piled them over the years. They are a framework of light wood and plastic paper and screws. Easily moved around by one person. Maybe Polaris. I think they still use metal crates

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think a crated sled weighs 1250 lbs bud? Let’s say the sled is 600 for easy figuring and that’s very high. There is no way the crate weighs 650? I have uncrated hundreds of crates and piled them over the years. They are a framework of light wood and plastic paper and screws. Easily moved around by one person. Maybe Polaris. I think they still use metal crates
Polaris takes the metal crates back a re-uses them, a good program actually

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris takes the metal crates back a re-uses them, a good program actually
Oh trust me. BRP dealers are envious. I was fortunate when I was a dealer because we just hauled the crates to our local dump for free. City dealers have to put them in bins and have to pay to have them taken to a waste facility then pay by the bin. Adds a lot of cost to the dealers bottom line.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh trust me. BRP dealers are envious. I was fortunate when I was a dealer because we just hauled the crates to our local dump for free. City dealers have to put them in bins and have to pay to have them taken to a waste facility then pay by the bin. Adds a lot of cost to the dealers bottom line.
cat uses the wooden ones too, I know of more "rural" dealers who just ummmmm, dispose of the crates using flames

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the shrink wrap that the polaris comes in is quite kool. old inventory that sits outside for a couple years, when you un bag them everything is still mint and perfectly clean. you would think they would get full of condensation but they don't seem to. easy to remove the sled and set up. crates fold down and stack. big freight would swing in once and a while and pick them up.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cat uses the wooden ones too, I know of more "rural" dealers who just ummmmm, dispose of the crates using flames
The wood would make excellent campfire material. I wish I knew Trashy back then. I could have supplied him a couple hundred homeless fires! 😂

Top Bottom