mountain mania ride

We are planning a mountain ride and would like your input for where it should be held

• Revy

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Golden

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • McBride

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It will hold about 50 people with the cabins if I remember correctly,Eight Kilometres north of the Golden Rim in Golden!Google.......Glenogle Mountain Lodge,thats a tongue twister if I ever heard one!
catmando!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many days is the ride planned for? just a Wknd?(2days) Long Wknd?(3-4days)
So I can throw my holiday dates in at work. Like to hook up & ride for as long as possible.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first two pics are self explanatory,the Third is the owners and good friends Norbert and Doris and finally the last is the view off the wrap around veranda or balcony.Could post more if there is a request.
catmando!

AAAHHHH......theres snow on the deck!!!

Culvert I think it is pretty much open to how long you want to go for. I am taking 6 days off work so I can ride for five!!....Can't Wait!!:D

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AAAHHHH......theres snow on the deck!!!

Culvert I think it is pretty much open to how long you want to go for. I am taking 6 days off work so I can ride for five!!....Can't Wait!!:D

Im off from the 17th until the 22nd. Id be up for more days of riding for sure. What days do you have off?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You travelling with a bunch of other guys for that week?

I am not sure most of the guys I ride with work in the field side of the oil patch so I am going to have to see who's going to be around.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure most of the guys I ride with work in the field side of the oil patch so I am going to have to see who's going to be around.

keep me in mind if you have room and need another person to share expenses. I have a truck and trailer but its not inclosed and only hauls 2 sleds.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep me in mind if you have room and need another person to share expenses. I have a truck and trailer but its not inclosed and only hauls 2 sleds.

For sure I will keep you in mind, I have a 2 place aswell so either way we will make it work.:D

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new bridge east of Golden is open and from the old brake check to Golden it takes 15 min. It is 6 hours from Calgary to Mcbride if 93 open. Have travelled this often. Calgary to golden 3 hours now with new bridge, add 1.5 hours to Rev. Have been on this road 52 times in the last 5 months. All times are summer running.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Which areas are Snow and Mud going to be riding in Golden for the 1st Mtn mania ride or is it still up in the air as of yet ?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Which areas are Snow and Mud going to be riding in Golden for the 1st Mtn mania ride or is it still up in the air as of yet ?

HEY BF... ITS STILL UP IN THE AIR, BUT I THINK TO GO TO SILVERMINES/SILENT PASS FOR ONE OF THE DAYS WOULD BE GOOD, AND MAYBE AN EASY DESINATION, LIKE BLAEBERRY OR QUARTZ CREEK FOR BEGINNER &/OR FAMILY RIDING??? I STILL LIKE GORMAN?? YOUR THOUGHTS OR ANY OTHER INPUT??

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
HEY BF... ITS STILL UP IN THE AIR, BUT I THINK TO GO TO SILVERMINES/SILENT PASS FOR ONE OF THE DAYS WOULD BE GOOD, AND MAYBE AN EASY DESINATION, LIKE BLAEBERRY OR QUARTZ CREEK FOR BEGINNER &/OR FAMILY RIDING??? I STILL LIKE GORMAN?? YOUR THOUGHTS OR ANY OTHER INPUT??

I have only rode Quartz a few times.... So game for anything. I will be a follower...... Damm "Ski doo" flap.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is going to be a group booking plaese post on site as I will be taking one room, probably heading down for a 4 day ride as I've only been there once before. My guess is S&M fills the staging area with members!!! Oh yea it's gonna be good.:D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey snochuk
Good to see your comming too_Our good friend summitric is in the process of ironing out the bugs as we speak.Ive been to Blaeberry and its pretty much like road riding.Quartz Creek is a great place for the easy stuff,there is some steep and deep too.Dosnt matter where we go,Its gouing to be a blast!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey snochuk
Good to see your comming too_Our good friend summitric is in the process of ironing out the bugs as we speak.Ive been to Blaeberry and its pretty much like road riding.Quartz Creek is a great place for the easy stuff,there is some steep and deep too.Dosnt matter where we go,Its gouing to be a blast!
catmando!

YEA, SNOCHUK I THINK IT'LL BE A HOOT.... ESPECIALLY KICKIN' THAT LITTLE JUICED UP KITTY ALL OVER THE HILL WITH OUR STOCK SLEDS(DOO'S), RIGHT SNOCHUCK??..... LOL

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Wknd the Wetaskawin Drags are on?? I heard that it may be the same Wknd as the S&M ride?

My riding buddy races so he was more interested in the race than going to the S&M ride. :eek::mad: I may need to hook up with someone coming from North East Alberta in order to make the trip.:eek:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I believe yuor correct on the dates for the drags (Clicky Here For Snow Drags Site) however I do see it posted yet on the site.
Does anyone know what Wknd the Wetaskawin Drags are on?? I heard that it may be the same Wknd as the S&M ride?

My riding buddy races so he was more interested in the race than going to the S&M ride. :eek::mad: I may need to hook up with someone coming from North East Alberta in order to make the trip.:eek:

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YEA, SNOCHUK I THINK IT'LL BE A HOOT.... ESPECIALLY KICKIN' THAT LITTLE JUICED UP KITTY ALL OVER THE HILL WITH OUR STOCK SLEDS(DOO'S), RIGHT SNOCHUCK??..... LOL
Yea I know what you mean Summitric, and you can't let those cats go to far from the cabin on their own either.....who's gonna tow them back?????:shrug::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

Top Bottom