Mexico Explosion

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stayed there too while I was photographing a wedding. Very crazy to think about it being blown up !!

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would spoil your vacation in a hurry. Tragic that people, including a child were killed. :(

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's crazy, that was the hotel me and my wife stayed at just over a year ago on our honeymoon. I knew exactly where all that was in the hotel. Sad to hear that people lost there lives and got injured.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there in 09 I have been in where it blew up.
Swamp gas thing is a stretch imo. My theory is it was replacement air condition refrigerants or even propane which makes great refrigerant, and who know what those mexicans will use or do down there. I don't know but I'm thinking the swamp gas theory is weak.
Like the red tech and the like you buy at Crappy tire contains butane and other flammables and as far as I know is not approved for use by any manufacturer.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sister and her boyfriend were staying at that hotel when it happened! Lukily they were out doing some stuff when the explosion occurred. Scary stuff.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I don't think it will ever be known to the public what happened. The way laws work down there is quite different to here, locals will not speak out for fear of the gov't. Unlike Canada they adopt the shot, shovel, and shut up methods.

Swamp gas theory weakens in deadly Mexican blast

I call bs also after the swine flu almost crippled their tourism they are not going to say nothing I would put my money on the drug war. Where was the fireball? Or evidence of any type of fire usually associated with an explosion I would say a bomb went off

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My shop foreman was supposed to stay there, but they moved them to the resort beside the princess resort.........he was at the pool bar, and he heard and felt the explosion....... He was a little rattled, to say the least.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are now stating that it may have been methane gas leaking out of the sewer. I don't think they know WTF happened yet! Pretty scarry.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and i stayed there for our honeymoon in 08. I was just considering goin back this april.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife, son and extended family (65 of us) just got back from that resort, my sister got married down there. In most of the video footage and pics you can see our room, we walked throught that building and by it a couple times a day for 2 weeks really gives a guy the chills to think about it glad we went home when we did. I have real issues thinking it was swamp gas. The resort was one of the nicer resorts I have ever stayed in but the Maintnance a service was the worst I have ever experienced, I say it was probably caused by a lack of maintanece, combined with a electrical prob, becuase in the two week we were there we had no power many times because they were working in the panel box near the explosion site. Crazy I really feel for everyone involved, weddings and vactions are supposed to be fun and relaxing times, not stressful and heart breaking.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the people who died in the explosion was my best friends wifes cousin. They had just gotten married on the Thursday and celebrated their childs first birthday on Saturday... My friend and his family were supposed be there at the time of the explosion also..

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss for some folks. Mexico is seems to be the place not to go right now. :(

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have a wedding this weekend and they were supposed to go there next week for their honeymoon. Just a heads up, if anyone needs a haircut there is a place in sherwood park that will be putting a bunch of money towards a fund for one of the families. A couple firends cut hair there and told me. Its a little more then your average supercuts but its for a good cause. Give Pure Elements a call. Its right beside rip it customs or close to the millenium center.

Top Bottom