Rogers vs. Bell/Telus

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doubt that will happen EM probably could buy out Roger's lol!

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sat phones i get, EM has control of his own Sats not rogers, and the normal individual does not have a sat phone come on now. It would be doubtful if the big 3 give some control of towers to EM though lol!

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sat phones i get, EM has control of his own Sats not rogers, and the normal individual does not have a sat phone come on now. It would be doubtful if the big 3 give some control of towers to EM though lol!
You under estimate lord elon lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902_143126_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20240902_143126_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 32

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure new customers have not done any researching and simply go on flashy freebie's (wink, wink) along with a contract. Transplants on the other hand are subsidized i bet by the fed and simply get a good deal by giving them there start with 9 sin # and the computer automatically does the rest lol!

Are you drunk? lol. What the hell does this have to do with immigrants?

You don't need a sat phone. That's the point. Because of their low orbit, Starlink functions like typical cell tower and works with the regular phone you already have.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wifi calling is getting more popular when you travel or at home, only makes sense as cell towers are way too busy,

Around Mulhurst good luck with service on a weekend

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were trying to tell me to use that when I was having service issues in Calgary. Ahhhh,sorry Telus but I'm not buying the top of the line phone with the latest technology, paying for a good plan, only to have to use wifi for it to work. Not only that but your wifi is so bad that even that won't hold a phone call.

Costs go up and service has gone wayyyy down

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am/was in the process of switching cellphones to telus from rogers, and I got this in my email today. A quick background on this. I talked with a telus representative from some other country who could barely put together three English words that made any sense. This was Aug 30. I told her I want this contract to start Sept 12 because that is when my son is back from work so we could switch his phone too. She told me that was ok and the Sim cards are not going to be mailed out until sept 4 and probably won't get there until Sept 11. Prefect! Well telus has decided to bill me from the moment they talked with me...Aug 30. Also the total for all 3 phones was going to be $210...total all in. Well this is the bill I got today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908-215634_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908-215634_Gmail.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20240908-215647_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908-215647_Gmail.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am/was in the process of which ingredients to telus from rogers, and I got this in my email today. A quick background on this. I talked with a telus representative from some other country who could barely put together three English words that made any sense. This was Aug 30. I told her I want this contract to start Sept 12 because that is when my son is back from work so we could switch his phone too. She told me that was ok and the Sim cards are not going to be mailed out until sept 4 and probably won't get there until Sept 11. Prefect! Well telus has decided to bill me from the moment they talked with me...Aug 30. Also the total for all 3 phones was going to be $210...total all in. Well this is the bill I got today
They’re all crooks

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why I like Koodo, generally it's all self serve. Don't have to deal with some in-competent human that ends up costing you more money.

I should dig up the wife's old contract. Had a phone on a 2 year payment term, she wrecked it 6 months in and had to buy it out. They wanted over $700 to buy the phone out, when the contract clearly stated it was $360 minus $15 per month of the contract that had elapsed. Fought on the phone for an hour with them, then they said we'll only charge $270 buyout as a courtesy for being a loyal customer I laughed so hard and hung up.

I really should have sent that contract to CTV or Global or something and had them call Telus. I'm sure I wasn't the only one they tried to rip off. Thankfully I had the contract and I'm semi-literate.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am/was in the process of switching cellphones to telus from rogers, and I got this in my email today. A quick background on this. I talked with a telus representative from some other country who could barely put together three English words that made any sense. This was Aug 30. I told her I want this contract to start Sept 12 because that is when my son is back from work so we could switch his phone too. She told me that was ok and the Sim cards are not going to be mailed out until sept 4 and probably won't get there until Sept 11. Prefect! Well telus has decided to bill me from the moment they talked with me...Aug 30. Also the total for all 3 phones was going to be $210...total all in. Well this is the bill I got today
very good deal!

for telus

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why I like Koodo, generally it's all self serve. Don't have to deal with some in-competent human that ends up costing you more money.

I should dig up the wife's old contract. Had a phone on a 2 year payment term, she wrecked it 6 months in and had to buy it out. They wanted over $700 to buy the phone out, when the contract clearly stated it was $360 minus $15 per month of the contract that had elapsed. Fought on the phone for an hour with them, then they said we'll only charge $270 buyout as a courtesy for being a loyal customer I laughed so hard and hung up.

I really should have sent that contract to CTV or Global or something and had them call Telus. I'm sure I wasn't the only one they tried to rip off. Thankfully I had the contract and I'm semi-literate.

I had a good long chat with Telus when they illegally without my consent put me into a contract for our alarm system. They took over ADT and then made their hardware obsolete so they had to swap all my hardware to Telus stuff….. even though it all looked the same ish. I asked numerous times if this was all on them and there would be no changes on my end and they assured me it was all good.They put me into a two year contract without a verbal or written agreement. They threatened collections, I told them my lawyer would love to take Telus to court for illegal contract practices and turn this into a class action lawsuit because if they did this to me who else have they done this to. They then called a couple days later and said that I didn’t have to pay the $880 fee to cancel and I could send their hardware back. I said you come get the hardware, I’m not packaging it up, get bent. The hardware is still in my basement 10 months later lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just tried contacting telus about my problem. The non English speaking person on the other end wanted to verify my account. I told her I didn't have an account yet. Gave her my name and birth date. She then asked for my driver license number to verify my account. I told her I never gave my driver's when I called the first time how can you verify it. Well if I don't give my driver's license we can't go any farther with this, lol.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just tried contacting telus about my problem. The non English speaking person on the other end wanted to verify my account. I told her I didn't have an account yet. Gave her my name and birth date. She then asked for my driver license number to verify my account. I told her I never gave my driver's when I called the first time how can you verify it. Well if I don't give my driver's license we can't go any farther with this, lol.
I would not pay it and walk away from that shitshow.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been with Telus a long time. Every single time it's the same story.....I negotiate with someone in another country. Sometimes we need a supervisor or other department in another country. New bill will show up and it's completely wrong. Have to phone the billing department in yet another country. They never seem to have any of the details of the new contract. Last few years I ask for the contract to be e-mailed to me, and each charge broken down line by line. Will not approve moving forward till I see it. Then when the billing center is all confused I merely send them a copy of the e-mail. What an F'n mess.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup they are in Guatamala that call center, Telus making $$$ hand over fist while paying peanuts to non english speaking peeps :(. I am finally done now and have converted and cut my bill in half going with koodoo. Got good service out of town as well and a free perk with my monthly plan. Telus sent me an email saying they were "sorry to see me go" lmao. Tired of there bs high priced plans thinking i need unlimited data like i am watching 4K movies all day while working ffs. On another note, had a helluva time getting rid of the sales rep trying to sell me Telus fibre for the house with a bunch of security chit "for free" he said. I said do you see the sign no soliciting here, still never got the hint and was persistent on cutting a low price for internet. Finally told him i have 2 dogs and hardware no need for security system when all cops tell you is contact your insurance company. Wow the nerve of these bastages.

Top Bottom