Just Looking is All

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im on my 1 or 2 year search and destroy list too see whats out there,,, all I can say is Wow...

Trucks Trucks Trucks and the odd mini vans...

New since I've never bought used and I'll won't deviate from my plan...

It will likely be the coldest day of the year when I do decide too buy...

I Toured around Cental Alberta and a few spots out in Eastern Canada and all I can say in the auto industry as whole is hit and miss...

Ain't no way I'm paying $100 k out the door for a 1/2 ton truck ... lol

Dodge Chev GMC Toyota and ford,,, and in no particular order...

Its Aug 2024 and all I can say is the prices are high and I'm not going in too talk too the owners and sales managers...

Every dealership i stopped at out East i had 7 too 12 sales pepole running across the lots too give me there business cards...

I declined too accept them since its not worth my time dealing with middle folks...

It will be intresting too see what evolves over time,,, my 2 worn out units are running fine and they cost me nothing...
20240803_092431.jpg

My plan is too turn 2 into 1 since the time has come,,, We're keeping the farm fleet of of trucks as normal...

I wouldn't be suprized if I don't end up with a mini van out of this search plan...

I won't know for a year or 2...

I'm not going too fine tooth the small details,,, I'll definitely pick away at the costs... Ha

Theres alot of high ticket items in alot of lots and very little foot traffic from what I see traveling across Western Canada and nippets of the East...

Maybe I'm on the Wrong Plante...

Don

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Minivans are awesome. Can use them for so much. I remember when I was 17, dad and I drove from NB to New Hampshire in our Caravan, slept in it and then picked up my first salvage motorcycle. Loaded it in the van and headed home.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found you one.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha,,, thats a wicked beast...

I only need 2 seats and a back seat bed...
20240712_152536.jpg

I have too admit that I'm ok with vans and station-wagons...
20240711_114737.jpg

^^^ Twin turbo 6 piston in 1 ton and the dam thing is fast...

I'm not a kia fan girl but dam,,, this was one fun unit,,, a bit floppy/ loose on the hwy but good on fuel and they come with a real transmission vvv
20240731_081947.jpg

I liked both of these units,,, there simply amazing vvv
20240730_080833.jpg

20240728_102743.jpg

If the prices remain crazy i might even consider a big-box'er for a daily driver...
20240729_100138.jpg

Don't kid your self,,, those Cat engines with 6 1/4 ponys with the right gear set pull off Phenomenal fuel mileage bob-tail'ing...
20240723_115645.jpg

Lol...

I was impressed with alot of these units...
20240723_151718.jpg

They'll tear up pavement on hammer down time fully loaded... V 10,,, there hard on gas if your rugging it all day...

I liked the jeep wranglers ive run over the years but I'm not dumping $$.$$$ on 1...

At least i got time too see whats out there,,, maybe my old worn out ford will last another 20 or 30 years the way I drive...

I know the ram will last along time...

Lots of 50/50 mix of gear-oil / diesel fuel too stop rust in its tracks...

That's why I buy new...

I drive then home and spray the crap out of them a few times every year...

I did the inn'er door panels one year and it took 1/2 a year too get rid of the smell. Lol

Rust check for the doors after that...

Zero rust for as long as they last works for me...

Search program is off too a slow start but it will expand when I rent a few other units in the years too come...

There's alot of units too choose from...

Zoom Zoom

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a pump up weed sprayer,,, make sure too leave air space...

It normally use 2 1/2 gallons for a complete job,,, 2 too 3 X's per unit...

Start new and the unit will remain new...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha,,, thats a wicked beast...

I only need 2 seats and a back seat bed...
View attachment 286016

I have too admit that I'm ok with vans and station-wagons...
View attachment 286017
^^^ Twin turbo 6 piston in 1 ton and the dam thing is fast...

I'm not a kia fan girl but dam,,, this was one fun unit,,, a bit floppy/ loose on the hwy but good on fuel and they come with a real transmission vvv
View attachment 286018

I liked both of these units,,, there simply amazing vvv
View attachment 286019

View attachment 286020

If the prices remain crazy i might even consider a big-box'er for a daily driver...
View attachment 286021

Don't kid your self,,, those Cat engines with 6 1/4 ponys with the right gear set pull off Phenomenal fuel mileage bob-tail'ing...
View attachment 286022

Lol...

I was impressed with alot of these units...
View attachment 286023

They'll tear up pavement on hammer down time fully loaded... V 10,,, there hard on gas if your rugging it all day...

I liked the jeep wranglers ive run over the years but I'm not dumping $$.$$$ on 1...

At least i got time too see whats out there,,, maybe my old worn out ford will last another 20 or 30 years the way I drive...

I know the ram will last along time...

Lots of 50/50 mix of gear-oil / diesel fuel too stop rust in its tracks...

That's why I buy new...

I drive then home and spray the crap out of them a few times every year...

I did the inn'er door panels one year and it took 1/2 a year too get rid of the smell. Lol

Rust check for the doors after that...

Zero rust for as long as they last works for me...

Search program is off too a slow start but it will expand when I rent a few other units in the years too come...

There's alot of units too choose from...

Zoom Zoom
Whats the story on the “cracker box” modded KW? Did they cut the bunk off the cab?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm don't know where it came from but it must of been a long frame set-up for something...

My friend got it dirt cheap,,, he did the regular maintenance from top too bottom and the dam thing runs good...

His body shop friend did a quick fill/ sand and paint and its just like new,,, just a shy over 2 million miles,,, its just about broke in... lol...

The cerial box will be on the road for a long long time,,, there bullet proof...

A person has too run the a/c on the hot days,,, the cowling gets cooking when their pulling the super b corn trailer...

Hot hot hot

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the 7th unit we've used for drive and fly runs this year...
20240805_002359.jpg

It is by far the worst ive seen on fuel milage...

$1 buck per mile,,, gas hog 10 piston packing heavy,,, normally there not bad,,, this unit is not the one... lol...

Lots and lots of day runn'er out here in the bc Interior and areas...

Fuel prices are high out here,,, $2 for the prem,,, the rolling terrain kills fuel mileage...

The big units would do better with the diesel power plants...

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I'm not leaving out the option of body drops...
20240806_091244.jpg

I'll look a few copleted rest-oo's as well...
20240806_091329.jpg

Ma and Pa 4 door beasts...

Yesterdays Sedan is todays pick-up trucks...

It might even be a pick-up truck...

Just looking is all

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't see anything that spook'ed my fancy this week,,, its hard too drive less when a person has the best unit out there... vvv
20240807_110748.jpg

Good on gas with worn out engine,,, the tranny is junk,,, shes lived a hard life but everything works at 300 k...

Its ugly yet practical...

Any thing goes in my search program... lol

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ The tranny now has a slow shift sequence,,, 3 too 5 seconds going into drive or reverse...

Other then that it shifts fast between the gears at normal pace or speed balling it it flys threw the gears... lol

She squats pretty good when the slip tank is full...

Ford tuff

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll load down princess for a short stint tugging a stone-bolt trailer too burn off some carbon,,, the old girl has been in ( car mode ) too long...
20240616_105337.jpg

300 k rust free too this point,,, a little asperated 6 piston,,, plain as they come,,, roll up & down windows and rubber floor mat...

A/c and Cruse,,, cup cake truck... lol

We serviced the fluids and small touch ups here and there along the way,,, one brake caliper seized up,,, other then thats its been brake pads, tires, oil changes and fuel...

Frugal little beast,,, it was the replacement for the ford ranger when they shut down production,,, 2011 or 2012 something...

Kinda rare for our parts since its a 4x2...

119 hp too the ground baby,,, ha...

It' takes a little bit over a mile with the pedal floored too get a speeding ticket...

It actually flys when its up too speed,,, Kinda like a ford mustang with the 1/2 ton truck body...

It's been an intresting unit out of the fleet...

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The body is in mint condition for its year,,, lots of spray'ed rust mix twice a year
20221019_150047.jpg

If yha can hold off the rust you'll end up with a truck in fairly moderate condition in 20 or 30 years...

Spray the crap out of them... lol

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ now thats a beast...

We're doctoring up another box'er for the road...
20240807_103846.jpg

Phenomenable fuel mileage bobtailing around...

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a chance too do a bmw,,, not for me but they build one wicked suv...

Finding folks that can actually fix them is tuff going in Our area...

$$$

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never have been much of a bmw or mercedes guy, but they do have some nice rides.

Yep expensive to fix.

Top Bottom