Jasper is on fire!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sheer gov incompetence, Or did they plan these things?
Gotta burn it down first to "build back better".
Emergencies give them the power to take more control.
Builder berg/wef meetings have been going on for more then 50 years. I honestly bet the neglect of fire management tactics was part of the plan.

Who cares. You couldnt buy a house there if you wanted to. It was a government town

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it’s time for these mountain or forested cities and towns to have a no vegetation buffer around their city boundaries. At least then it gives firefighters a chance to make a difference. It may not be long and insurance companies start rethinking insurance for people that live in hazardous terrain. We saw it after the floods as people that lived on flood plains lost everything
good point regarding the potential insurance company exodus. no insurance=no development. the huge fire in california a few years back was caused by dropped power lines and subsequently insurance companies were saying they'd no longer insure homes out in the sticks. similar situation on the gulf coast with the hurricanes as they bankrupt insurance companies quickly.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
good point regarding the potential insurance company exodus. no insurance=no development. the huge fire in california a few years back was caused by dropped power lines and subsequently insurance companies were saying they'd no longer insure homes out in the sticks. similar situation on the gulf coast with the hurricanes as they bankrupt insurance companies quickly.
In BC, insurance companies won’t write policies if there is an active fire within 25 km of the property. If you are getting a renewal, you are in luck but not with a new policy.
I know people who have cancelled their insurance only to renew it during the winter months so that policy doesn’t affect them if they decide to move or buy something new.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In BC, insurance companies won’t write policies if there is an active fire within 25 km of the property. If you are getting a renewal, you are in luck but not with a new policy.
I know people who have cancelled their insurance only to renew it during the winter months so that policy doesn’t affect them if they decide to move or buy something new.
My friend in the Slocan Valley lives off grid. I found out last week in BC if you have an off grid home you are uninsurable. You need to have power to your property for insurance.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There is a video floating around right now on all social medias, from a person in the town of Jasper, it's absolutely devastating to see.

I can't share it as I'm at the office today, but I'm sure someone can, Ryan Jespersen has shared it.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't jasper in the federal park? I know the icefields are. And the turd does not spend a dime on the west especially Alberta, he would love if it burned to the ground. The road plowing in the winter in the parkway sucks.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can see policies getting more and more restrictive over time and if the ins company is bleeding money, they'll start canceling.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't jasper in the federal park? I know the icefields are. And the turd does not spend a dime on the west especially Alberta, he would love if it burned to the ground. The road plowing in the winter in the parkway sucks.
He released funds this morning and the military to help with the fire and tweeted that we got your back Alberta. A bit late I’m thinking as Smith asked for additional funding a couple days ago for this fire.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He released funds this morning and the military to help with the fire and tweeted that we got your back Alberta. A bit late I’m thinking as Smith asked for additional funding a couple days ago for this fire.
Why doesn't the military as pathetic as it use some of the helicopters to bucket water?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone needs to be strung up for this. The town is right along the athabasca river. Unlimted water supply. Not to mention all of the surrounding lakes. How does this happen
It happens on purpose bro. No coincidences. What’s even more maddening on Facebook. People be like so sad so devastating. But nobody’s plucking mad. All the wasted tax dollars climate change bullch!t and the most beautiful town in Canada Burns to the ground.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone needs to be strung up for this. The town is right along the athabasca river. Unlimted water supply. Not to mention all of the surrounding lakes. How does this happen

In all seriousness what do you propose? Only equipment I could think of that would come close to moving enough water to protect the town would be frackers (water transfer companies that setup frac ponds) and their big water pumps, and then you'd need some kind of sprinkler array to distribute the water.

Not saying it can't be done, but does that equipment exist and how quickly can it be deployed?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

While many are not fans of the current leader of the province, she's having a hell of a time talking about the fire.

You need to fast forward about 20 minutes or so to the actual conference.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness what do you propose? Only equipment I could think of that would come close to moving enough water to protect the town would be frackers (water transfer companies that setup frac ponds) and their big water pumps, and then you'd need some kind of sprinkler array to distribute the water.

Not saying it can't be done, but does that equipment exist and how quickly can it be deployed?
There was someone last year or year before that offered to set up like what your talking about and the usesless goverment and fire officials turned them down.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does everything have to come back to the vax? You’re going to kill another great and informative thread.

You knew it was coming. I’m just surprised it took this long and that it wasn’t BILTIT!

“Trump gets shot and Jasper Alberta Canada goes up in flames within weeks of each other. Obviously a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like BC. They are charge of the whole province now. Theyll just let it burn too.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These were apparently taken this morning.

452571621_10161086937284933_8630940620799588554_n.jpg
452835046_10161086937309933_620222290247078181_n.jpg

Top Bottom