Jasper is on fire!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
concrete and fire just doesn't mix well, concrete in a fire becomes weak and falls apart in intense heat! had a pour concrete foundation wall dug up from a well crib, dug a pit, and built a fire around and over it, sledge hammer broke it up in a couple hours, would have taken days without the intense heat! no idea on a bridge, mikes #'s, heavy truck might collapse it though!
Pretty sure that bridge is over water. Not in the bush in the middle of the fire.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone watch the live updates on CTV?, holy christ thats painful, and the French questions and answers were extremely irritating, we are in Alberta. I heard no real mention of the status of the wildfire, or they were just cryptic on the answers, or no mention of the highway opening, just talk about safety. Just open the highway to commercial, and people who need to use the highway, and keep the actual foreign tourists out, its very easy to block the entrance to 93 and the town entrance. Typical liberals.
I get it, the loss in Jasper was bad but its time to get over it, and open up a major highway. If the trains are moving, the highway should be as well.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highway 1 is so friggin busy right now. I’m sitting in a traffic jam at the new quartz creek bridge right now. Must be a lot of people coming this way now and all the commercial trucking. It’s pretty gay.
Yep thats a painfully slow wait. Did that on Friday

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go back and forth from Innisfail to Sicamous every weekend and this year is painful drive, I think the Semi trucks, motor homes and campers that can do the speed limit should have to travel 7 pm to 7 am.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We will be staying at the KOA just outside of Hinton, I Booked my spot starting next Wednesday, we have over 110 sites now so going to be a busy few days. We were in a zoom meeting with Government, Insurers, adjusters, by then its projected that we will have restricted access and we have to hit as many sites as possible. They wont let us camp anywhere near jasper, all camping closed. Also they need to restore gas, power, and infrastructure, get the hospital running prior to allowing even us enter.

Top Bottom