Farmer talk

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any chickpea growers here? First time growing them. I bought miravis neo for fungicide and was going to spray tomorrow but no sign of disease yet and supposed to be hot and dry for next 2 weeks. Wondering if I should hold off for now then spray it later and maybe avoid having to do 3 apps. At $26.50/ acre I want to make it count haha.

Our neighbour has grown them a couple years now. They look really good this year- even after the 3.5” rain dump (my lentils across road are fawked). He’s holding of spraying them until flowering with this forecast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok…. So in your research palm is good, but canola is bad…??

You’re in the wrong thread man

Animal fats are good, canola bad. Not sure about palm. Never heard of it.

cows come from farms.not sure if you knew that

20240711_092532.jpg

Last edited:

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our neighbour has grown them a couple years now. They look really good this year- even after the 3.5” rain dump (my lentils across road are fawked). He’s holding of spraying them until flowering with this forecast

I ended up spraying them on Tuesday. Just started flowering and noticed some ascochyta on the odd plant. Probably should have sprayed sooner. Looking awesome though so far.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better Fred sprayed his chick peas 9 times one year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s the one thing my agronomist warned me about. If it’s wet and get rains/ showers. Be prepared to fung them lots. And at $20/ac pass. Can blow a lot of $$ quick

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s the one thing my agronomist warned me about. If it’s wet and get rains/ showers. Be prepared to fung them lots. And at $20/ac pass. Can blow a lot of $$ quick

Is your agronomist tied to any ag outlets or custom sprayers? The one I had I found was and was getting kickbacks I believe for business sent. He wanted me to use his guys only and I finally figured out why so I moved on to another person who is totally independent that I can tell so far.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your agronomist tied to any ag outlets or custom sprayers? The one I had I found was and was getting kickbacks I believe for business sent. He wanted me to use his guys only and I finally figured out why so I moved on to another person who is totally independent that I can tell so far.

She works for Simplot but is quite frugal with what is needed and not. Very thorough Understands the budgeting and last few years of tighter spending bc crops were poor. We do own spraying

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is canola oil not super healthy? We use it a lot. Everything tastes better than with vegetable oil.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is canola oil not super healthy? We use it a lot. Everything tastes better than with vegetable oil.

It terrible stuff imo. And from what ive seen
But if you like it, its ur call

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say “super”…
but yes, definitely one of the better oils.
Olive oil is probably the best, but we’re not in the mediterranean and can’t grow it here.

It’s comical to see comments here repeating misinformation that the USDA backed milk industry has been spreading for decades. ABmax’s YouTube post was bang on.
The US government has a long history of protecting industry that throws buckets of money in support their way.
Next thing you know, we’re going to start seeing posts supporting tobacco consumption and the tar is safer than Canola oil….🙄

Top Bottom