Donald Trump can kiss my Azz

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Somebody should explain to me how these midterms work. I'm not entirely clear on the concept.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somebody should explain to me how these midterms work. I'm not entirely clear on the concept.
Members of the house of congress run for election/re-election every 2 years and senators run every 6 years. In our state, we have 1 congressman and he's up for reelection and will win easily. We are also electing a new governor this year and hopefully the Republican will win. Not sure what else you want to know about our midterms but I'll answer if I know it.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched the video from beginning to end. Really looks like it is just a bunch of people trying to better their lives. The reported was unable to find any evidence of much organization except for some people with bull horns which doesn't seem to me to be much different than any one of us stepping up to get something organized and there are plenty of examples here on this site. People organize and donate time and materials to build shelters, clean trails etc.

It also doesn't appear there is any real funding behind this besides people who contribute and make sure there are porta pottys available for obvious reasons (keep them moving on with a minimum of disturbance) and to some extent humanitarian as in water and some food.

It does not appear that there are any "bad hombres" in the group like Trump likes to suggest. There certainly appears to be issues with US immigration though. It sounds like the process is very expensive and incredibly long and that is why it appears to people to the best way to approach it is circumvent it. Lots of technology these days so not really sure why it would take so long. Interestingly, the reporters experience was he was submitted to extra security screening which others do not.
I posted this earlier, there are some bad people in this caravan.
The ambassador from Mexico to the US has stated repeatedly that there are gang bangers, drug dealers and all sorts of bad guys in this caravan. We don't want them here and we aren't letting them march into Canada either. And more caravans are organizing as speak, this is just the beginning.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Members of the house of congress run for election/re-election every 2 years and senators run every 6 years. In our state, we have 1 congressman and he's up for reelection and will win easily. We are also electing a new governor this year and hopefully the Republican will win. Not sure what else you want to know about our midterms but I'll answer if I know it.
So it really has nothing to do with the president? Other than to show which party is more popular today?

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it really has nothing to do with the president? Other than to show which party is more popular today?
Correct, he was out stumping for his party which most presidents usually do. He knows that to get any more of his agenda (MAGA) passed he will need both houses to do so.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey AK nomad so ABC is predicting a split decision? So they are saying the Republicans will keep the senate but the Dems will take the house. What does that mean?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And what’s with Montana? They are going To the Dems? I thought they were our sister state to Alberta. Them cowboys down there must ride side saddle?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So they are saying by winning the house now the Dems can investigate Trump for Russian collusion? What have they been doing the last 2 years? Practising?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey AK nomad so ABC is predicting a split decision? So they are saying the Republicans will keep the senate but the Dems will take the house. What does that mean?

Short answer not a lot of laws are created... Bills are created debated voted in House of Representatives, then if majority votes yes the bills are sent to senate for vote, then to the president for his vote, if all three levels are passed a bill becomes a law.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There will be lots of reflection and speculation for the next two years. With Montana flipping, I'm thinking the trend of closing back-country is only going to get worse down there and consequently follow northward. I did like what happened in Texas:

[FONT=&quot]The most consequential event of the fall campaign was the contentious confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh and that might well have made the difference in the Senate. The lone red-state Democrat who voted for Kavanaugh, Joe Manchin, won his seat, but the red-state Democrats who voted against him — Joe Donnelly, Claire McCaskill and Heidi Heitkamp — all lost theirs.[/FONT]

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What it means is gridlock and nothing will get done to keep this country moving in the right direction, lots of wasting of taxpayer dollars on stupid investigations.

As for Montana, that state has been invaded by liberal Kalifornians and that's why the commies are taking over that state. Makes no sense, they flee Kalifornia because of the high taxes, regulations and liberal lunacy yet they bring that same **** to Montana. It's too bad really, Montana is a beautiful state and offers lots of outdoor recreation but the loons will do everything in their power to restrict a lot of it.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be lots of reflection and speculation for the next two years. With Montana flipping, I'm thinking the trend of closing back-country is only going to get worse down there and consequently follow northward. I did like what happened in Texas:

The most consequential event of the fall campaign was the contentious confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh and that might well have made the difference in the Senate. The lone red-state Democrat who voted for Kavanaugh, Joe Manchin, won his seat, but the red-state Democrats who voted against him — Joe Donnelly, Claire McCaskill and Heidi Heitkamp — all lost theirs.
Montana didn't flip, Tester was the incumbent.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
45510358_10215499611957109_4686247389420322816_n.jpg
45542355_10215499612397120_4214138700138807296_n.jpg

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is an interesting study by Credit Suisse. Donald Trump didn't create this but he is a product of it and delights in perpetuating it. It is, after all, the American way :)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...en-make-the-top-10/ar-BBPwT3t?ocid=spartandhp

Says weakth is growing faster in U.S. Than anywhere in the world , that's impressive. Trump must be repairing and altering all the screw ups the last few governments created to cause that slide down the wealth scale eh ? He said he'd make America great again !!

Top Bottom