Conditions (McBride)

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Lucille on Friday.The ride up had a few bumps but over all not to bad.There was about a foot and a half of powder but was pretty tracked out.Hero snow everywhere.Got down into the Butterfly and the snow was incredible.Deep powder in on the bottom but the faces had lots rocks showing.The ride out was hairy.If your an inexperienced rider and thinking of going down,don't. You won't get out.
Thought about riding Renshaw but after hearing that the ride in
was extremily rough,and there was less than a foot of powder we decide to ride Bell on Saturday.Turned out to be great idea.2-3 feet of powder and we found lots of untracked areas.Had lots of fun.Very few people.
Still no sign of the groomer.Still early in the season,so a guy has to be a little patient.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Conditions

Groomer was up Lucille today. Bell tomorrow. Barry

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We were up lucille today (monday) and the trail was excellent, thanks Rod. The snow up there was okay, getting tracked up a bit. We'll try Renshaw or Bell tomorrow.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

GOOD NEWS !!!!!!!!!

THE GROOMER WAS UP RENSHAW TODAY, We past him at km 2 at 9am today, and he was up to km25 or 26 by 5pm when we came down.

Its fully groomed up to km23, and he is working on building the trail from km23 and up. I'd guess the trail would be in perfect shape from top to bottom by Wednesday night.

BIG BIG thank you to Rod and Les for all thier hard work. After riding up on the kidney buster this morning, I'll gladly pay my fees and enjoy the smooth ride up tomorrow.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That sounds awsome. Powderchowder and i will be ridin Renshaw on saturday.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Some friends heading that way this weekend, I've got rooms booked for the 19 to 22. Man am I overdue for a ride.:)

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Might not want to ride Renshaw, there is about 3 to 4 feet of fresh powder, and you'll be dealing with snow in your face all day. The trail up is almost finished, its beautiful!!!!. It snowed up there all night Tuesday night, and all day Wednesday (today), and did it ever snow, likely 1 to 2 inches an hour for about 24 hours.

So ..... ya..... Renshaw was AWSOME, up there with the best snow we've ever seen up there.

Were heading home tomorrow, so now the rest of you can come up and enjoy the snow, we're done with it for now.

But we'll be back

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Heading up on the 20th. Just wondering if there is any powder left.

You shouldnt have a problem finding powder this weekend, just go a little farther back,plus they call for more snow this week....fingers crossed

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Snowed all day up top, and calling for more snow all week. Should be very good this weekend. LET IT SNOW MORE:):):D

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Today 0 visability, but managed to find some very deep powder. Barry(Twin Turbo) found an 18 ft. straight up wall of powder and found out what an xp falling upside down on top of him is like. All he could say after digging out from under his sled was, thank god it was the light machine. All in all it was a fair day. Had to tow the Twin Turbo(300 hp.) from km 25 back to parking lot(engine) and trade to his xp then back for more. End of the day 5:00 or so we find out there has been a guy missing for more that 2.5 hrs, and now it is dark and we have no fuel and one injured guy in my group. Look for a bit but no luck, down to parking lot to call SAR. Head for town for fuel and drop of my injured guy. RCMP rolled a car to the parking lot about 7:00 and they were just pulling into parking lot with the lost guy. 2 guys never been to Renshaw, conditions were horrible and they did not use the buddy system(stay with your group in those conditions) Lucky it was not worse. We are doing the sunshine dance tonite, don't need snow tomorrow. Of to Lucille with a bunch of kids(family ride)sled'n with stuff that doesn't have a motor???

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Perfect conditions tonite for a midnite ride up Lucille. Going to show Santa the way into Mcbride. Stars and moon are out, so should we. Happy Holidays to one and all from myself and Judy.:):)

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just back from Renshaw, holy crap for a lot of powder everywhere. Ron, myself, Steve and Rod from town had a blast. Had to stay close to the trees because vis was not that good and we did manage to get stuck a few times, EACH. Great day. Barry

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ron just back from the Renshaw and said it was another powder packed day in good conditions. Talked me into a ride tomorrow, will be test riding the Nitro that Whitecourt Yammy brought with them. A number of us will be testing it and will give the results from all riders.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hate to promote overcrowding my favorite riding area but you can go to Mt. Pauline(15KM) or all the way to Crushing creek(35KM) at Renshaw. Check out the map in the cabin or go to Map Town (Edmonton) and get one. There are lots of areas inbetween to explore also. The distances given are FROM the cabin and are in opposite directions from the cabin. I have been riding the Renhaw for seven years and have never been without untouched snow. I'm sure Barry will be able to help you also.

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The trail in was table top smooth, but out was rough as there was 300 sledders in there yesterday. We were in an area that had 3-5' of untouched pow. You just need to know or be willing to go explore the area. 12 guys all day where we were and could not pound it out. A great day and that from 3 of us that live here. Snochuk is right, there is so much area here that even with 300 sleds we only saw 9 other guys untill the end of the day. It is a double edged sword for me, have to promote my town and hills but 300 guys on the renshaw makes for a brutal ride down at the end of the day. SNOWING hard when we left the hill so come on out and play and please pack out what you pack in. Thanks to all for keeping the cabins in good shape this past week. Barry

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sunny sky today again. No shovel today, only handle bars to hang onto.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

SNOWING VERY HEAVY UP TOP. Some in town as well, had to postpone my trip up the Renshaw, very poor vis due to snowfall. -3c. Should be good for the weekend, calling for sunshine and -6.

Top Bottom