Athabasca Sand Dunes/Six Lakes

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Bruce I don't. It's the only trail so not that hard to stay on course.
It's a nice full day trip from 6 lakes.
Hey dale dalueg and also Fallen, do you have this on GPS, preferable Garmin MapSource, but I will take whatever you have got.???

Bruce.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 km after the richardson bridge turn left like your going into upper six lake and stay on that trail until you hit the maybel river. You'll pass the Forestry cabins on the way in. You'll have to cross the river if it's low enough(summer time). This river is open water all winter. On sleds you have to jump on six lakes at the fly in lodge and ride past the maybel, We broke a trail through the bush to get back onto the trail again. I don't have them but I've seen satelite images of this area and you can see the trail on it that leads to Lake Athabasca.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at the old map and your bang on.

4 km after the richardson bridge turn left like your going into upper six lake and stay on that trail until you hit the maybel river. You'll pass the Forestry cabins on the way in. You'll have to cross the river if it's low enough(summer time). This river is open water all winter. On sleds you have to jump on six lakes at the fly in lodge and ride past the maybel, We broke a trail through the bush to get back onto the trail again. I don't have them but I've seen satelite images of this area and you can see the trail on it that leads to Lake Athabasca.

Top Bottom