2014 summit 800 Etec

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
one more thing, include the pre filter kit with the purchacse of any summit!

• Recommends
Reactions: LBZ

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't claim to know much about anything when it comes to tec talk, sleds and such. That fact remains my wife can now enjoy more sled time having the machine under her that makes it possible to follow me. My riding has become better, I am not carrying extra fuel because of the great economy of the 800 etec, at least not yet have I gone past the limit of machine, I wear out or run out of daylight before that has happened. I still manage to get stuck and in trouble so more power isn't an issue, in fact I have since added to my line of safety gear because of increased confidence. In my mind I ride like a pro, reality I'm over the handle bars or upside down.

I have noticed the "heat glove box" isn't very heated. The heated riser bag is a farce. Snow covered gauges, um who is looking at that anyways. I did a fair amount of research before buying my first sled, 09 summit. BRP offered a sled I didn't have to throw a bunch of money into to do what I wanted it to do. Durable and dependable and zero fiddling in the field at different elevations and all that mechanical stuff. To many times I would see a cat or polaris hood up and the owner head down ass up tinkering with something. Not for me. The buddy of mine that introduced me to this sport is a bit of nutter always looking for more horsepower, tweaks and gizmos. Funny enough his 2013 summit X is stock except for the exhaust, however he is considering adding a turbo. And he wonders why his mother still worries. His 2012 summit is for sale to.

Lighter sleds are always nice but ch!t happens and I am more confident in knowing if my machine takes a shot, tumble or finds a creek bottom (refer to added to my line of safety gear) I will still be riding out instead of clearing a patch of woods to get a helicopter in for an extraction.

I guess the main point of this post is this. My wife can't get enough time on her summit 800 2013, being married and in the same situation of not ever getting enough time on my sled it only makes sense we sled more because SHE wants to. Make sense guys? As I hammer along posting this we are already booking holidays and scheduling 2014's sled trips. Got to love that woman and remind myself every day to thank my ex wife. :d If I was talking to her that is. And thank you BRP.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just about bought a 2013 this year. Have heard nothing but good about them.

Would like to see a more efficient drive system, and some weight loss for next year. Make buying a new one a no brainer.

For the drive system it would be nice to see a lighter P-85 style primary, and a belt drive. BUT........if they go to a belt drive it HAS to have a tensioning system. Lighter, less rotating mass, and easier to work on.

I think there is a bunch of wieght they can drop without sacrificing strength. With their team of engineers you would think they could design a good can that meets all regulations that doesnt wiegh 20lbs??? Hell......Polaris did it! Take 10lbs off the can, 5 off of the drive system, and another 10 or so off of the massive air intake, glove box, and other stuff and you would have one heck of a sled IMHO.

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just about bought a 2013 this year. Have heard nothing but good about them.

Would like to see a more efficient drive system, and some weight loss for next year. Make buying a new one a no brainer.

For the drive system it would be nice to see a lighter P-85 style primary, and a belt drive. BUT........if they go to a belt drive it HAS to have a tensioning system. Lighter, less rotating mass, and easier to work on.

I think there is a bunch of wieght they can drop without sacrificing strength. With their team of engineers you would think they could design a good can that meets all regulations that doesnt wiegh 20lbs??? Hell......Polaris did it! Take 10lbs off the can, 5 off of the drive system, and another 10 or so off of the massive air intake, glove box, and other stuff and you would have one heck of a sled IMHO.
Then you would have a weak sled! Polaris did it!

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The added bonus of giving my wife my 2011 summit e tec is that I get to snowcheck a new one!! Lol counting down the days.

If yer misses is into handmedowns? Ft Mac money just snow check a pair of 14"s unless your worried she will leave you behind! :rolleyes: Sorry bro had to say it.

Max

Reaction score
Re design the gas tank so u don,t have to burp it to fill it up. Stop the ice build up in the tunnel, and round the sharp edge on the reverse, other wise a great sled

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have a problem putting gas in the Doos from a jerry can. It is impossible to see the fuel level and most of the time I end up over filling and making a mess due to this. There is some kind of baffle or deflector just below the fill hole that makes this difficult.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
36889438-9B90-4A26-BB0A-A1EF04FC1733-24170-000008190C829630.jpg

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chad, wrong thread bud. You'll find the XM fuel problem thread in the XM forum section.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have a problem putting gas in the Doos from a jerry can. It is impossible to see the fuel level and most of the time I end up over filling and making a mess due to this. There is some kind of baffle or deflector just below the fill hole that makes this difficult.

It's not a baffle the filler neck is curved and on a steep angle. This may sound odd but when filling with a Jerry can you can tell your getting full as it will make a different sound when it starts hitting the filer neck. Then you have about .00001 seconds to remove the Jerry can lol

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not a baffle the filler neck is curved and on a steep angle. This may sound odd but when filling with a Jerry can you can tell your getting full as it will make a different sound when it starts hitting the filer neck. Then you have about .00001 seconds to remove the Jerry can lol

Truer words have never been spoken.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today witnessed another jerry can fill up, and another overfill spill. In fairness I hadn't read maxwell's tip, and what really threw me this time was that the can was 99.5% empty and I thought it would take the whole thing. It did not.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I generally spill gas on everything I own....I found VP jugs eliminate this problem slightly but not totally.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm.....

I didn't think we would see a 1000....

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom