2014 summit 800 Etec

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they keep going the way they have been soon Doo riders will be standing behind the A-arms and the handlebars will be above the front bumper. And you still won't be able to keep the front end down in a climb.

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they keep going the way they have been soon Doo riders will be standing behind the A-arms and the handlebars will be above the front bumper. And you still won't be able to keep the front end down in a climb.
hmmmmm

superduty 348

Reaction score
love the sled the more I ride it. Alot better than the XP's in everyway,but if there was one small thing , how about a accurate fuel gauge. The track hooks up good ,the T motion was a surprise in how well it works.Overall not much to change.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hmmmm r you alittle pissed that soon you will be standing on a-arms and steering above front bumper, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love the sled the more I ride it. Alot better than the XP's in everyway,but if there was one small thing , how about a accurate fuel gauge. The track hooks up good ,the T motion was a surprise in how well it works.Overall not much to change.
Only accurate gauge doo ever had was the see through tank on the 04 X's.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 and I would take a tank like that over a gauge any day! Loved that little feature.

More importantly I would take a single wall clear tank that weighs half as much as the dual wall tank they use. Then vinyl wrap most of the clear.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More importantly I would take a single wall clear tank that weighs half as much as the dual wall tank they use. Then vinyl wrap most of the clear.

Not dooable Dan. Had one of the engineers explain to me the whole tank making process. The dual wall was for safety and Transport Canada's guidelines. In the end they scrapped the clear tank all together because of the regulations and concern for the clear plastic breaking down from UV light I guess.Thats why they came with the tank bra's on them but in the end that wasn't even good enough.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had heard the TC explanation but that doesn't explain how they can do it on other sleds and bikes. I asked if it was a fuel quantity issue and no one had any idea.

If it is because they are manufactured here then I wouldn't mind getting ahold of one of the single wall race tanks. :)

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the sled is amazing. our group purchased 4 of them and havent missed a beat since we got them. i love every thing about it and for some reason the power seems to be up from last season. it could just be the suspension refinements putting the power to the ground better perhaps but it sure doesnt feel like it. the thing just keeps climbing. the new rounded sidepanels work wonders in the deep stuff. as i spend most of my time on my side LOL. the running boards are flawless i can hop side to side and not have to worry about losing my grip and embarassing myself!! heated glove box is great. i keep my gps,camera,radio in there and they work much better all warmed up. i reccomend the screen kit as there is almost no moisture in the glove box now that there isnt any steam coming off the pipe from fresh snow. T MOTION WORKS. i dont care who makes fun of it it flat out works. i can be on a 30 degree slope off camber and pull it over with ease. it has taken me a few rides to get used to how the t motion reacts though. for the first few rides it seems a bit unpredidcable and out of control. but once you learn it just takes much smaller inputs from other sleds you get used to it in a hurry and wont go back. i can huck it at some nasty rutted up lines and it bombs through them no problem. i can turn around on hardpack on one ski. its great. alot of this is attributed to the flex track aswell though. i installed a 3" track on an identical sled and gave it a whirl over the holidays and i will tell you honestly it doesnt handle anything like the stock sled. WAY WORSE. the flex track is very important to this package.

some changes i would like to see......

lose a couple pounds without losing any of the technology that comes with extra weight ( 16 x 2.5 track, etec, fit and finish) yes skidoo could build a cerial box toy sled like the rest but this sled is second to none as far as quality and fit and finish. i for one do not want to lighten the sled up and lose a bunch of features. i personally dont see where they can shed weight other than the airbox and muffler, possibly the headlight. but these are regulated by our government and i dont see them getting any smaller unfortunately. this may be totally false but i have heard that skidoo is many years ahead of there emmisions standards with the etec package and the other manufactureres are just scraping by. again just what ive heard.

i do not want to see a belt drive. ive never had a problem with chains, i like being able to change my gears, and i dont want another thing to worry about. in order to make that belt system work its going to be just as heavy as a chain and gear setup. there have been one to many failures on the aftermarket and stock belt drive systems for my liking.

some seem to think there are clutch and clutching issues. i just dont see it. or have it. guess we got 4 good ones! there are alot of tra haters but if you just stop messing with your stock parts the tra works wonders in factory form

ive been thinking hard and trying to come up with items i would like to see changed but its very hard. this sled is very close to my ideal machine for my style of riding. yes there are lots of folks that want 200+ hp. while it may be nice 160 does me just fine riding 70 days a year but then again i dont climb hills.

maybe factory ice scratchers so i litterally have to do NOTHING to my new sleds LOL

I agree with your review. 1280Km on mine and working awesome. Some minor changes would be storage compartments for gloves and goggles on the side panels. Stock front pre filter. padded glove box so stuff doesnt rattle around like a marble in a tin can.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with your review. 1280Km on mine and working awesome. Some minor changes would be storage compartments for gloves and goggles on the side panels. Stock front pre filter. padded glove box so stuff doesnt rattle around like a marble in a tin can.

Good call!!:thumbsup2:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What? More storage? Padded?

Buy a trail sled.

My sleds spend %90 of their day on their sides with the exhaust melting through one side and the clutch burning a hole through the other. The last thing I would want in a mountain sled is more storage, especially in silly places.

Do away with the storage box completely...buy a riser bag if you want soft storage. Do away with the big heavy bulky headlight air box assembly all together.

People complain about the weight then want to add more goofy stuff to it.

Next they will want cats heated seats.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a spot for the essentials of riding. Storage is important on all sleds in my opinion, also a mountain sled that is ready to ride. Ie scratchers, fuel tank, stuff like that. Have it so when you pick it up it's ready. Not kinda ready to ride.

Top Bottom