2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, its STILL SNOWING up top. Just under a foot overnight and it hasnt stopped :p

Bad news is that the warm temps and rain have cancelled grooming until further notice ! Its going to be a bumpy ride up, but its sooooooooo worth it !

Attachments

• March 11, 2012-page-001.jpg
    March 11, 2012-page-001.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 565

killerrf

Reaction score
was up at chappell yesterday and couldnt see nothing in the wide open. pretty much blizzard conditions.
went to clemina today and snow from bottom all the way to top. white out conditions again.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode clemina for half day,was snowing decent when we left the cabin...all I can say was sad to leave..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331512493.260912.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331512493.260912.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 542
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331512570.574115.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331512570.574115.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 520

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just realized this thread existed, and it seems active with the Valemount community.

Some buddies and I took our first trip to the mountains last month. We went to Valemount, and enlisted locals Tony and Will as our guides. Just want to give props to these two, they were awesome and made the trip for us.

-Adam

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That doo looks like it was stuck, must be a story behind it, they don't just get stuck for no reason. LOL Well guys if I was looking at maybe going to vale, this week would be it. It was so deep in places that it seemed like nobody has been there before. I have not seen climina with this amount of snow untouched in a while. The groomed trial had a single sled trail going in, krazy. Curtis a day like this is when you need the Doo not the Yammmi, was in chappel on saturday and was like a blizzard white out conditions, stayed low and had good snow. It was a great last week end before Mexico trip.
PS
If anyone can make it to vale on the next non snowing or blue sky will have a time of there life. Enjoy people.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also heard a large Avy today, sounded like it was across that lake where they heli ski, couldn't see it but it was loud and lasted for about 10 or so seconds. We were on this side playing in the trees up through the cut blocks. I wish it was clear to see it. Stay safe out there and get home alive.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mach123 I was up there on Tuesday and saw a massive slide on the other side of the valley right where they ski, it was so cool but alittle scared for the guys skiing.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just realized this thread existed, and it seems active with the Valemount community.

Some buddies and I took our first trip to the mountains last month. We went to Valemount, and enlisted locals Tony and Will as our guides. Just want to give props to these two, they were awesome and made the trip for us.

-Adam

Thanks for the kind words Adam we had a blast with you guys as well make sure to give us a call when your ready to come back to play again!!!
Will

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its cooled off nicely and grooming will begin again tomorrow evening folks, sorry for the delay. Its still snowing like mad out there with nearby weather stations reporting another 25cm in the last 24hours. PLEASE PLEASE play safe out there for the next while until the storm finishes and all this new snow has time to settle. Ride safe and maker home !

Attachments

• March 12, 2012-page-001.jpg
    March 12, 2012-page-001.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 759

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some tree smashing in clemina on March 10th in some deeeeeeep snow clemina march09 003.MOV - YouTube

I only watched the first min and was not impressed anyone can walk thru trees u have a turbo use it i expected to see you on your back wheels picking thru tree's. It`s called BOONDOCKING not BOONWALKING LOL!!!!!!!!!

Sorry had to ;) hahaha :d :d :d

Sent from a iPhone

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Avalanche, A Life Saved on Vimeo

seen this on snowest... to all who havent seen it. a real time avalanche and rescue. quite something. fellow didnt have beacon on. could have been the end for him.

EVERY Person on this Forum Should Watch this Video and remeber to Check there gear check there Buddys gear and DON'T Ride Without a Beacon... Ive helped dig a guy out of the Snow it's definalty No Joke when your on the end of the Shovel when your Buddy you just drove 10hrs down the highway is 4ft under the SNow...

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After storming and blowing yesterday, its at it again today, complete blizzard conditions. Riders yesterday reported 2' of snow just on the trail into Chappell :eek: Should be a great weekend of meadow / tree riding in insanely DEEP snow !

Perfect! Thanks for the update. I will get some video and maybe pictures tomorrow :d

Sent from a iPhone

less01

Reaction score
save some of that for me be down on wednesday.Had great time in feb. just know it will be the same this time.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every year is different but what are conditions usually like around early to mid april? Hoping to try for one last trip but it won't be until at least the first week of april.

Top Bottom