What reminds you of home

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ma's Breakfast on the weekends, pancakes, bacon, eggs, toast, juice, the works. It could raise me from a DEAD Drunken slumber and perk me right up for whatever trouble we decided to get into again that day.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Northern Ontario poutine, beer, mud.....my number one thing thou has gotta be the cabbage roles....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We always had Campbell's Mushroom soup with crackers, on every Sundays after church. During the summer, my Mom's Potato Salad, it was the BEST...and my Dad's campfire cooked fish...... I miss that... R.I.P Mom & Dad :(

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mom's been gone a year on Thursday, but.. She would alway know when I was down and make dumpling soup , and bread pudding or rice pudding with raisans, and then I would dump cinnimon on top of that. Really good! She may not have been the best cook, but man that stuff was SO good. Nobody makes it like mom did!

Thanks for the fond memeories thread!

Cheers!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hearing the old theme song from hockey night in Canada.... and the crackle of birch fire wood while we ate popcorn and watched the game.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What reminds you of home?of a time when you were young,when your parents were both alive and things were simpler.For me its the smell of hot air popcorn.

home was at maynooth with the whole family on the couch , what reminds me of my family (left half of them in ontario) is "the yellow brick road" by raine maida , and "airplanes" by the chick from paramore

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i was going to say moms meat loaf and the smell of the atlantic........apparently she loved me more

lol... I barely remember them together....

I'd say honey garlic ribs...

Fawk, I bet it's a hoot when you boys get together..

I'm still a "young man" having being reminded many of times in a particular previous thread so it was a bit difficult for me to come up with something. I suppose the Flintstones, I use to watch it at my Grandma and Grandpa's with all my cousins while eating tomato soup and sandwiches.

RIP Grandma, Grandpa and Cousin Dewey.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, i still live at home....so i suppose being at home reminds me of being home???

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M*A*S*H*. Fawk, I hated that show when I was a kid. Every night at 6:30, I'd be forced to watch it, because there was nothing else on the other 2 channels. But now, if I happen to catch it while flipping channels, I'll actually sit and watch it, and remember the good ol days.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
an eastern acsent....ya hear them in the strangest places too:beer:

Top Bottom