Well it’s been a slice

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds are for sale, and giving up on something that used to be my life, tough day. After having my bike stolen in BC last week and having my insurance provider basically telling me tough $hit and giving me the weakest offer I ever heard of for compensation, I’m done with BC. I had a good long chat with a Kamloops RCMP officer and he filled me in on what the BC and federal government have been doing to destroy what was once a great province. I now do not trust anything I’ve worked my ass off for to be in BC. Insurance is a joke, they just f*ck you every chance they get. I’m out $8k for the bike and all the accessories and I’m not doing that for a sled. So selling my 23 turbo expert and my 19 alpha turbo. Game over, I’ve had many good days in the hills and I’m glad I got to experience the best sledding in the world for a lot of years. But screw BC, they can have their junkies and refugees and illegal immigrants. Hopefully they sell soon so I can move on to something else. Canada’s soft stance on crime, Indians and immigration is out of control and I will not be screwed over anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you have insurance on the bikes or were you claiming on your auto policy?

Shitty deal.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sucks man. I know how you feel. I didn’t ride last winter because of a serious wrist injury and unsure if I can ride this year? Wrist is better after surgery but not sure it is that much better to hang on to a turbo Doo pulling a hill. Will find out this year at first local snow. If I can’t hang onto it tight enough it’s gone and I’m out. Taking a huge depreciation keeping it yet another year under a tarp. ☹️

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy deal tmo,,, I hear yha when it comes too dealing with insurance companies...

At least your calling it like it is,,, it's dam hard keeping tabs on Our stuff and its only going too get worse...

A life of locks and keys and even that's not good enough,,, then get screwed around by insurance companies...

Both of my good friends have top notch security systems and ideas in place ,,, its like a 1 time shopping experience that won't go down well...

Oh well,,, thats the way it goes...

Anyway's,,, I'm on the lots of locks and chains + home insurance program 101,,, its a on going system too make sure things are added...

An insurance company tried too screw me around years ago,,, a quick phone call cleared it up fast...

Of course I had too come across as that nice guy...

Yuppers,,, tmo,,, I stated building a dragons-den too try out this year ,,, my friends and I have had a few runn'ens over the years and we've sure buckled things down...
My old friend has been hit waaaaay too many times over the years so he's definitely onto the program of (don't touch.)

Hes got lots of """Wolves""" on stand-by now...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you have insurance on the bikes or were you claiming on your auto policy?

Shitty deal.

It was on my home policy, there is no such thing as contents insurance on a full coverage auto policy anymore due to the amount of thefts in this country

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks dude. Insurance is a joke. You pay it your whole life and when you actually need it they screw you. I've had a sled stolen in 2022 and in 2014 someone tried to steal my truck with 2 sleds on the deck but luckily I left my interior light on the battery was dead. Put 2 apple air tags in each sled (1 obvious and 1 hidden) and keep sledding.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sucks man. I know how you feel. I didn’t ride last winter because of a serious wrist injury and unsure if I can ride this year? Wrist is better after surgery but not sure it is that much better to hang on to a turbo Doo pulling a hill. Will find out this year at first local snow. If I can’t hang onto it tight enough it’s gone and I’m out. Taking a huge depreciation keeping it yet another year under a tarp.

I already did that three years ago, had my wrist fused, wrist was so bad I couldn’t hang on at all so I quit for two seasons. Wrist is solid now but now with this bull$hit it’s time to quit for good

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sucks, Id hold on and maybe you will change your mind. I'm in the same boat, but working hard to get my body in shape to ride again, with all the screwed up systems my metabolism hasn't reached my calorie intake, now its turning around.

One of my last riding buddies left said the same thing. I have been on the fence for awhile already due to nobody to ride with and poor snow 3 years in a row. So it’s time to take all my assets i have in sleds and gear, deck etc and sell. I’ll never sleep right while im there, hotels are a hot spot for junkie criminals

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope nobody steals your golf clubs, you’ll really be pooched for hobbies…

I’m a golf Canada member and they cover my stolen clubs to a value of $5000, it almost covers the whole value of my set, and there is no deductible and no rates to raise after. Hopefully I never have to collect on it.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope nobody steals your golf clubs, you’ll really be pooched for hobbies…

I also hunt every fall, do a little wild boar guiding and help at the hunting grounds a bunch. I’ll get out snowboarding more for sure. Have some good ski hills in Alberta.Probably buy a sxs again and with all the money I’ll save not sledding I’ll be able to buy an acreage and kill my time on that. Just time to move on to different things

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you have to keep your chit tied down here too. Got broke into at the new Jobsite two days in. Got $8000 worth of tools stolen. Brand new rebar tier worth $3500 hurt the most. Over my career I’ve lost over $100000 worth of stuff off the Jobsite. Keep plugging away though. My son is pretty excited about sledding so will have to keep working to feed 2 sledhead addicts. My favourite memories of sledding are with my dad so I want to carry on the tradition as long as possible.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fab friend will build a bullet proof security panel next week
20241010_110407.jpg

Tailgate and flip up door as normal,,, security pannel with 2 in-side dead-bolts...

The loud alarm system will freak them out,,, bike will be locked up and disabled as normal...

Hooooo Hummmmm ,,, all the extra work keeping tabs on things...

The old guy said,,, if the task becomes too much most clowns will move onto easier targets...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fab friend will build a bullet proof security panel next week
View attachment 288349
Tailgate and flip up door as normal,,, security pannel with 2 in-side dead-bolts...

The loud alarm system will freak them out,,, bike will be locked up and disabled as normal...

Hooooo Hummmmm ,,, all the extra work keeping tabs on things...

The old guy said,,, if the task becomes too much most clowns will move onto easier targets...

That will work like a hot damn

Top Bottom