Valemount Snow Conditions

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have an excellent snow base this year that should allow us to ride way into spring. The mountains are a little hammered right now and some fresh is needed, but if you know where to look, you can always find a good turn. It was supposed to rain/snow this weekend, but the sun is still shinin. Im shut in with a terrible cold, so no ridin for me

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Snow!!

I was just on the phone with Sue from Cougar, theres a blizzard there right now theres a few inches of snow below and still coming down like crazy. It will be good if this clears up by the weekend :D :D

RON

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow

It is going to snow on Thurs and Fri in both Val and Mcbride. Should be good on the weekend. Barry

sleddude

Reaction score
Rode Allen today. 1.5 -2 feet at cabin. Rain in valley but really snowing hard up top. Visibility was poor all morning but cleared to b lue sky around 1:00.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Valemount March 24

We rode clemina today, the snow was about 3' deep of sticky wet snow. It was quite socked in all day. And it was occasionaly snowing and heading down the trail is was snowing then pouring rain. Now its late in the evening and its snowing. bbtoys decided to do some logging see the picture below. I will post pics monday.. RON

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a good time!Looking forward to the pics!
catmando!
Ron,Ride it like a Rental!LOL!:PDT_gun:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Logging?

DID BARRY GET A LOGGING PERMIT TO "HACK" THAT WOOD FOR HIS FIREPLACE IN HIS NEW "BED & BREAKFAST" HOUSE IN MCBRIDE???:lol2:
LOOKS LIKE THE SNOW IS AWESOME..... NOW I'M REALLY PUMPED ABOUT GETTING "BIG BLUE" OUT TO TROUT LAKE..... HEARD ITS REALLY BEEN SNOWING OUT THERE TOO.
RON: LIKE KITTYCATMAN SAID "RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT".... GUESS THAT REALLY APPLIES TO YOU NOW!!! HA, HA :D LOL

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
March 25

We rode clemina again March 25. The sun was shining most of the day with blue sky. The snow was 1' to 2' on the average deep with the warm temps it was condenced from 3' powder the day before. In the bush you could find some deep stuff. There is alot of untracked area's ready for a beating!! We were at the cabin and were suprised how far you have to step down to get to the cabin, about 4' in total, Wow! We had a good day and rode till about 3:30 then we headed back to the truck, the trails was a little rough heading down. Then to get to the truck to find out it was broken into kind of ruined the day, see the crime lab forum.

RON

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Something is going to have to happen in these riding areas to rebuild our confidence. Soory to hear about that Ron.
We rode clemina again March 25. The sun was shining most of the day with blue sky. The snow was 1' to 2' on the average deep with the warm temps it was condenced from 3' powder the day before. In the bush you could find some deep stuff. There is alot of untracked area's ready for a beating!! We were at the cabin and were suprised how far you have to step down to get to the cabin, about 4' in total, Wow! We had a good day and rode till about 3:30 then we headed back to the truck, the trails was a little rough heading down. Then to get to the truck to find out it was broken into kind of ruined the day, see the crime lab forum.

RON

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clemina

Sorry to hear that your truck was broke into Ron. We were up at Clemina on Sat same as you. We were one of the first up and had great snow in the trees. The Alpine was pretty white sledding by brail only.Sun we went to Allen Creek and were the second group into the backside of premior area and had the best ride in years. Sunny skies and powder snow how can it get any better. Did a LITTLE ride on the XP in Clemina on Sat afternoon on the way down.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
March 30th Long Range Forecast In Valemount

Thursday, Friday: Snowing, Cloudy +3*
Friday, Saturday: Mostly Cloudy & Snow Flurries +4*
Sunday: Clearing & Mostly Sunny +5*
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Trout Lake/New Denver

Valemont....weather doesn't mattrer much..."Security" does though these days.

Trout Lake/New Denver will be much safer. Forcast for our ride is warm but may be rainy...depending on which weather we get, Revy or Golden? Hopefully it's just "NICE".

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron how much longer are u staying in Valemount for? I will be down thursday night and would love to hook up for a ride!

Shifty

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Shifty, I don't think Ron is in Valmont now. I spoke to him earlier this week and he was at his office in Edmonton. I have the feeling that with his motor being toast he's done for the year. Thats a shame becuase summitric and myself were hoping to ride with him again (and rooster too).

Ron how much longer are u staying in Valemount for? I will be down thursday night and would love to hook up for a ride!

Shifty

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powderchowder and i will be riding the renshaw all saturday. you should leave a day early and we can show you around.

Steve

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Valemount Weather!!!!

:( Friday: Showers/overcast 14*
Saturday: Cloudy -1*
Sunday: Cloudy -3*

Looks Like Snow Early Next Week
Just On The Radar Site And Looks Like Rain/snow Front Moving In??

Top Bottom