Valemount Snow Conditions

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow

Hi to all. The weather here is a bit crisp early am but at cabin it was not to bad. Felt like about 15, good to go. Fresh powder everywhere, nobody here at all. Allen had about 8 guys until end of day, then a couple small groups appeared. We only went back to the sugar bowl because a fellow had droped an engine and we pulled him out and back to trail. Took a bit of time. Then on the way back to town(6:30 pm) there was 2 guys in the middle of nowhere with skis looking for a ride.They where sleding and skiing on Canoe Mt. when they droped their sled into a ravine and had to ski to the hiway. May go to canoe this am. and check it out. Will let you know what I find if I go in to help. Barry

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Val.

No pic's as I lost my camera on the way up or between cabin and Sugar. Also this was the first time my new sled froze-up going up. I did not take any gas line anti so thought I would try the carp heaters. They do work but next time I will turn them on early if it is this cool out. Barry

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Barry

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR CAMERA, WOULD'VE LOVED TO SEE PICS. SOUND LIKE YOUR HAVING A GOOD TIME:specool: . WISH I COULD BE OUT THERE, BUT WITH WORK AND ALL, GUESS I'LL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR THE SANTA'S TOY RIDE FOR THE SNOW ANGEL'S ON SUNDAY(BETTER THAN NOTHING).;)

Attachments

• 20121017_152750.jpg
    20121017_152750.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20121013_160218.jpg
    20121013_160218.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 35

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
conditions

6:00 pm. Back at the hotel after a long day on the hills. 32 below this am so I waited until 10:00 to hit the hill but at the top again it was very nice 15 and very sunny. Was back where I do not know what the valley was we were in but huge pow and no tracks untill we arrived. Great day. Lots of stuck and great pow that is all I can say. Off to Oasis tomorrow and it is warming up. The hospatality at the Chalet Continental is second to none, enjoying my first long term stay. Well, supper time so will update when I get home.
To all whom thought it was to cold, toooo badddd. Barry;) ;) :D :D

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Val.-Mcbride

We changed our minds this am. and went to McBride for a day ride. Great snow here as well and very warm, -8 and sunny breaks. Headed for home tonite so sould be home about midnite. Barry

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on throw me a bone here.:rolleyes: Someone on here is holding out about the snow conditions in Valemount last weekend.:trustme:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Valemount conditions

Hey Shredder: I don't think anyone is left sledding in Valemont to give you any reports..... trucks, trailers, and sleds all stolen(didn't you read the other posts???):lol: just kidding and no harm intended.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:clap2: Thanx alot.:D We are leavin' my Ford at home and takin' the bro-in-laws truck. That along with the "old junk" that will be on our deck should be a pretty good theft deterent system. ;) :D

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Valemount Jan 19 - 07

We went to Climina today. There is alot of snow here. We headed into Morning Glory and rode, The snow there was just over your knees, then we played in another bowl we had to find ourself threw the trees. Some of the area's were wind blown as well. The snow here was up to waist deep, so if you look for it there is alot of good snow. The staging area was not to busy when we were getting ready but then it was very busy when we were leaving the staging area. The weater was socked in a little so you had to play low and the weather was between -6 and - 8 so it was perfect for snowmobiling.

See my pics in the photo gallery to see more snow.. under Valemount Jan 19 - 06
Here is a slideshow for members to view.

RON

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staked trees

Hey Ron, I'm not sure if you guys knew the local rules but I believe you get two club-lengths from all trees!. Oh well at least nobody was...:chicken:.
Looks like a good time was had by all. It looks like you may have been blessed at least a little bit with a few moments of the elusive sunshine:Happy4:.
And the best news is that none of your equipment 'dissappeared' while you were out having fun!!!!:cool:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey Ron

Looks like Steve(summit) loved the tree bashing:tree1: ..... did a little logging did he:tree1: ??? I only see 1 pic of someone stuck(again Steve)...... looks like you all had fun though and lots of pow to play in. Good thing Catmandoo wasn't there, looks like he would've given Steve(again with his name) a run for his money:eek: getting stuck and all. does steve have the magic tool(sno-bungee):innocent: , that catmandoo has?? Send more pics please:pics:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Jan 20 - 06 Clemina

Rode Clemina today, we rode A sweet spot today the powder was 1 1/2 to 2' deep. We then headed to the cabin after pounding that bowl and hit a couple of cut blocks that were untouched we had a great time there. Theres quite a few area's that have not been touched or still have a lot of powder left. Steve took up tree hugging on his spare time.

Here is a link for the members to the pics.

RON:)

oldrxl'r

Reaction score
Thanks Ron from my brother in law & my boy on his uncles RMK for helping get un stuck @ Clemina on the 20th.
Think my boy was showing his uncle what not to do!
Brother in law's firt trip out to do mountain riding and just got the RMK before christmas he never realized what was to be seen.

Top Bottom