Valemount In May?

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone been out in the last week Misfit and I are planning one more ride and wanted to know how far up the trail we will be headed. Any info on the area would be great as I havent been out in three weeks!

Thanks Shifty

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Shifty - I rode yesterday in Climina. We pulled a 2 place trailer up to the toll booth (5km) as thats as far as we could get yesterday as there was a huge deep section of false snow on the steep part of trail just across the bridge from the toll booth that we would have gotten stuck in. You then have to ride the road for about 1.5 - 2 km before we hit completely covered with snow trail and it was good the rest of the way, a little rough though for the next 5km with 'whoops' then got better once you hit the cut blocks.

No new snow to speak of and we went all the way back to avalanche alley. It was overcast up top. Temp up top was about -3C, in the valley +10. There will riding up there July long I think as the snow seemed to be holding up good.

Pics to come......

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics from our Climina ride saturday May 10
The 1st one of the road is past the toll booth just after the powerlines.

Attachments

• May.10 2008 Climina 001.jpg
    May.10 2008 Climina 001.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 250
  • May.10 2008 Climina 009.jpg
    May.10 2008 Climina 009.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 245
  • May.10 2008 Climina 012.jpg
    May.10 2008 Climina 012.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 239
  • May.10 2008 Climina 004.jpg
    May.10 2008 Climina 004.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 238
  • May.10 2008 Climina 008.jpg
    May.10 2008 Climina 008.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 240

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me, my buddy and his girlfriend (see past pics in this thread) are thinking about going for one last rip weekend of June.7
We have only been to Climina about 3 weeks ago and hence are not familiar with most of the ride area's. That road was easy to tailer up however we want to try a new spot that we can drive up to the snow line (or near) easily like Climina without having to ride too much gravel

Any recommendations fellow S&M-er's ?? We were thinking about an area in McBride as I dont think there is any other ride area's other than Climina with decent access this late in the year.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plans changed. We are heading out tomorrow morning as well from Edmonton. See you guys up there. We will be up there around 10:30am
How far do you think we will have to trailer up?
There will be 4 of us altogether.
How hard is it to get to the Dixon Glacier? We have a girl riding with us who isnt that comfortable in the mountains. Perhaps we can tag along if its not to hard to get there......

Ryan

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plans changed. We are heading out tomorrow morning as well from Edmonton. See you guys up there. We will be up there around 10:30am
How far do you think we will have to trailer up?
There will be 4 of us altogether.
How hard is it to get to the Dixon Glacier? We have a girl riding with us who isnt that comfortable in the mountains. Perhaps we can tag along if its not to hard to get there......

Ryan

If we see or here you we will come up if we are down there, probably dont want to bring an uncomfortable person down there. Dont matter, its a lurning curve and we can show you some other stuff. Gotta say hi to June diehards. Id imagine we will be meeting at tags aground 8. Thinkin we will be trailering to somewhere around morning glory turnoff. We will look and listen for any other sleds.

Top Bottom