top posters

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bait taken in one trap.
Here’s one for you Doug. I have 6 snap traps around my holiday trailer in one of my shops with peanut butter in them. I also have bar bait by the 6 traps. I checked them last week and all 6 traps were clean and still cocked but one of the traps under my son’s trailer had a mouse in it with no peanut butter in that one. I have seen traps that have been snapped out of peanut butter but never one still cocked and in this case 6!! Anybody ever seen that? Was that one mouse super intelligent and outsmarted me 6 out of 7 times?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here’s one for you Doug. I have 6 snap traps around my holiday trailer in one of my shops with peanut butter in them. I also have bar bait by the 6 traps. I checked them last week and all 6 traps were clean and still cocked but one of the traps under my son’s trailer had a mouse in it with no peanut butter in that one. I have seen traps that have been snapped out of peanut butter but never one still cocked and in this case 6!! Anybody ever seen that? Was that one mouse super intelligent and outsmarted me 6 out of 7 times?
I’m using the big rat traps. I have evidence that the mice are coming (smaller teeth markings on the bacon, etc.) and my experience tells me that the young mice are very light and can eat the bait without setting off the traps. I also know that on my older Victor traps the bait holder needs adjusting from time to time so that it is very sensitive.
Those electronic high velocity things work great Ken. If you have electricity in your shop, you could try one and I don’t think you would have a mouse problem. When we were homeless the year we sold the Elkford house, we lived in Terry Kenny’s RV park for 3 months. There were lots of gophers and I was using one of those. In 3 days there wasn’t a gopher around our camp.

Top Bottom