Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will you be done today? Next door to us is 45 acres of wheat, still not done

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do some research…..
That’s a big no-no
That’s what I’ve always done. I actually years ago asked the company that sold me the bins and that’s what they said as well. I’m not trying to cure anything but to just push hot air out of the bins and replace it with cool air so the temps come down. I’ve seen research to run them non stop but how is hot air being pushed into hot grain going to cool it down? Some say to leave it on when raining as well? I don’t think moist air is a good idea either. I just go with what has worked for me. Cool grain and no bugs ever in an air bin.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw the Calgary forecast for next 7 days. Don’t like it. 32-33 for 6 days. Not my cup of tea

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to AFSC and they are saying adjusters are getting through the claims. May see them next week

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a nut shell, you guys know how women don’t like to divulged their age. Well, if I were to let my age out various people would pretty well guess how old my wife is.
Happy wife is a happy life.
1st time i met Double D, I asked him what time it was. he rolled up his sleeve and there was a sundial strapped to his wrist! Said he had it since he was a kid, way before clocks came about!!! ha.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That’s what I’ve always done. I actually years ago asked the company that sold me the bins and that’s what they said as well. I’m not trying to cure anything but to just push hot air out of the bins and replace it with cool air so the temps come down. I’ve seen research to run them non stop but how is hot air being pushed into hot grain going to cool it down? Some say to leave it on when raining as well? I don’t think moist air is a good idea either. I just go with what has worked for me. Cool grain and no bugs ever in an air bin.
Sounds like you took a page out of my book; not that I’m in the farming business but rather a person who thinks things out no matter who tells you. You are a good man Ken.

Top Bottom