top posters

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is pretty close….

Although as farm sizes grow, there is becoming a new class of young farmers. As farm sizes grow past the traditional 2-3000 ac to 6-10,000 ac (or more), there are plenty of young guys with crazy disposable income.
A lot depends if Dad leaves the farm to them or they have to buy it. I had to buy the farm from my Dad. He didn’t charge me full pop but instead willed me the difference in market price and what I paid. I have never felt wealthy while farming but when I sell my land I will be very comfortable for the remainder of my years. My kids don’t want to farm so this will be the end of our generation of farming. Land will always be valuable because they aren’t making any more of it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is pretty close….

Although as farm sizes grow, there is becoming a new class of young farmers. As farm sizes grow past the traditional 2-3000 ac to 6-10,000 ac (or more), there are plenty of young guys with crazy disposable income.
Something else Brett. Even some big farmers are not as wealthy as one would think. In the case of Metzgers both of them live in older 1950’s farmhouses and have maybe one nice pickup. They have put everything they make into equipment, shops and bins. They aren’t living their off hours in monstrous and lavish farm houses. I have a buddy who farms about 5000 acres over here. He buys a new JD combine almost every year, has a newer sprayer and trades tractors every 3-4 years. Nice shop and a big row of hopper bins with temp cables and remote bin openers. The house he lives in is probably 1930’s? Very small and compact. He wouldn’t have a personal vehicle newer than 15-20 yrs I’m thinking. Puts everything into his farm. Can squeeze a nickel hard enough to make the beaver chit. Lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done harvest 2024 except hail strips. Always good to finish. IMG_7367.jpeg

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sun popped out

Rowe and creepy old guy went for a walk up tower road made it 75% of the way

maybe try to make it the whole way tomorrow

Top Bottom