top posters

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus can be a little full of them selves . They passed me off to their smart home division and they can make the system work but want me to pay for the hardware and monitoring. Not interested in owning hardware and not interested in paying for it. Everyone else gives you free hardware and charges monitoring. If something fails they replace for free.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a Vivint won’t take me on again then go to Liberty or Unity as some of those systems in the area now.

ok, we are with securtas they bought out who we had before.

They all use the same cameras and control boards,

we have one more year with them, then I will shop around

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly not surprized ,,,they just dont care
Yeah have a landline and Satellite TV through Telus. Landline since 1984. They always tell me they are doing above and beyond because of my long tenure with them. I call bullchit

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus can be a little full of them selves . They passed me off to their smart home division and they can make the system work but want me to pay for the hardware and monitoring. Not interested in owning hardware and not interested in paying for it. Everyone else gives you free hardware and charges monitoring. If something fails they replace for free.
yes, I am sure the hardware is added to monitoring somehow, nothing would be free, plus they push 5 year contracts

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah have a landline and Satellite TV through Telus. Landline since 1984. They always tell me they are doing above and beyond because of my long tenure with them. I call bullchit
funny you say the, I have been with telus cell and tv for 30 years, we have a telus hub at the cabin, was good at first now crappy.

I have compained so much our bill is now 40.00 a month for top speed of hub. 12 more months on the contract and good bye

Hello starlink for the cabin.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Parent company Vivint merged Canadian operations to Telus. Telus wants to put their own system in but can’t get good enough cellular coverage from themselves so can’t install system. Vivint uses Rogers smart cards in their hubs to give me good cell coverage but a Telus won’t use a competitors card. Not sure who’s monitoring me now.
Rogers is Shaw

Top Bottom