top posters

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
They can be outsmarted but you need to be brave and ruthless. Lol
Can't see the entrance. Was going to shoot the nest with the shotgun before hitting it with raid...... But might have to get too close with a 410

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best time to get them is very early morning just before sun breaks the horizon. Spray the wasp killer foam on the exit hole first then poke the stem of the foam bottle into the nest and fill it with foam. They always have a sentry outside the nest to warn the others but he will be lazy and lethargic when it’s cold early morning. I actually use 2 cans and have one with out the stem on it so it sprays a wide coverage for the sentry. Good luck and Godspeed my friend. 😅🙏

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't see the entrance. Was going to shoot the nest with the shotgun before hitting it with raid...... But might have to get too close with a 410
Shotgun works too. I don’t like shooting into a steel drum for fear you will have pellets coming back at you. The entrance/exit is probably at the top by the looks of your pic? That’s key foaming it off first or you will never get the nest filled with foam

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Shotgun works too. I don’t like shooting into a steel drum for fear you will have pellets coming back at you. The entrance/exit is probably at the top by the looks of your pic? That’s key foaming it off first or you will never get the nest filled with foam
The nest was on the top of the barrel it fell down, on its own. Sooooo I'll just soak the ch!t out of it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, I am. It is actually done. Just have to figure a way to make it work in both lofts.
IMG_9167.jpeg

1x4 steps and rails. just gotta figure out something to attach some kind of side rail in case one tends to toss and turn in their sleep.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Found another nest with the weed whacker. Possibly a ground nest. If not then they have nested in the floor of a shed......

They made their presence known with an assault on my ankle

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
They appear to be going in the crack between the shed and the floor.

Nothing in actual shed so far thankfully

20240728_192758.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Heading out to nuke the nest I can see shortly. Hopefully I don't become more of a meal for those evil buggers

Top Bottom