Thefts

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the bad guys are breaking into vehicles in Golden and area. Just left a meeting with the R.C.M.P. here in Mcbride and they are patroling the roads and parking lots to all 3 hills. They seem to be stopping people to check on them. I hope this is going to send the bad guys on their way, all I can do is hope. Barry

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the bad guys are breaking into vehicles in Golden and area. Just left a meeting with the R.C.M.P. here in Mcbride and they are patroling the roads and parking lots to all 3 hills. They seem to be stopping people to check on them. I hope this is going to send the bad guys on their way, all I can do is hope. Barry

My buddys got broken in to last year in same area,and they tracked their credit cards of being used in calgary.Not sure if they caught them.:nono:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At this rate they can stop everyone, it`s OK by me. The theft of sleds is getting out of hand. Maybe we can throw in an extra couple of bucks with the trail pass and have someone sit at the trucks all day... I know I would be in. If we had 75 sleds go up the hill at $2 each for security someone could make $150 to just sit there and take down plate numbers and maybe pictures of people who wonder through the staging area.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At this rate they can stop everyone, it`s OK by me. The theft of sleds is getting out of hand. Maybe we can throw in an extra couple of bucks with the trail pass and have someone sit at the trucks all day... I know I would be in. If we had 75 sleds go up the hill at $2 each for security someone could make $150 to just sit there and take down plate numbers and maybe pictures of people who wonder through the staging area.

You Got My 2 Bucks...And More....that is a great idead and I think it would not take much to pay somebody to sit in the parking lot's and watch like ya said.....Come on boy's/girl's...we spend 10,000-30,000 on our sleds, what's an extra 2bucks to make sure our s---t is still there????

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great idea, I would be all over paying an extra 2 or even 5 dollars to have someone watch over all the gear.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
You Got My 2 Bucks...And More....that is a great idead and I think it would not take much to pay somebody to sit in the parking lot's and watch like ya said.....Come on boy's/girl's...we spend 10,000-30,000 on our sleds, what's an extra 2bucks to make sure our s---t is still there????

Yes... I mentioned that similar statement bout a year ago on another thread bout the problem.... At that time didnot really get any feed back. Maybe the local folks looking after things will address & apply some action to attempt to prevent further trouble. One would want to find a local person that would be willing to do the job & be competent. I guess there are alot of things to take into consideration.... I don't think it is as easy as it sounds. :(

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we road blue lake last year they had a elderly couple in a camper for security we paid 3.00 per truck and they stayed there all day well worth it if we asked the golden club to do the same i don't think anyone would have a problem paying 3.00 worth a shot

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I've paid at different times in BC as well. I'm always willing to give up a few bucks to have more security.
Lets hope the cops in McBride scare these guys off and I hope Golden and other towns can get the local RCMP to start more patrols.
we road blue lake last year they had a elderly couple in a camper for security we paid 3.00 per truck and they stayed there all day well worth it if we asked the golden club to do the same i don't think anyone would have a problem paying 3.00 worth a shot

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would definatly pay a couple of extras bucks for security.

800RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great idea! I think most people wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for the sense of security (not worrying about your truck, trailer, spare sleds, etc....) while your having a good time up the mountain.

Doo Virgin

Reaction score
Im game, I could sled the rest of my life for that price in comparison to buying another back window for my truck. It would be nice to sled without worrying about what you had to come back to in the parking lot!!!! Cheers to that Ideal!!!!!!!!!!!

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im game, I could sled the rest of my life for that price in comparison to buying another back window for my truck. It would be nice to sled without worrying about what you had to come back to in the parking lot!!!! Cheers to that Ideal!!!!!!!!!!!
I know what you mean...i had some jerk damage my door on my 98 truck just to see if there was anything in there to take. It cost me almost $1100 to fix the door. So BBtoys do you know of anyone who would want to make between $100-$200 for about 5 hours work. They collect trail passes until noon I think so we would only need someone there after he leaves and until just after dark, about 4:30-5:00pm.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There paying a guy here an extra handful of cash everyday,Lori from Zacs tracs colllectes everymorning and extra 5 bucks a rider during there courses and encourage everyone else to pitch in.He is getting paid well as he normally leaves the collection shack at two thirty and with the extra cash stays till 5 30,Good on ya buddy,I dont mind paying for security!
Thanks too Zacs Tracks for starting the trend!
catmando!

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There paying a guy here an extra handful of cash everyday,Lori from Zacs tracs colllectes everymorning and extra 5 bucks a rider during there courses and encourage everyone else to pitch in.He is getting paid well as he normally leaves the collection shack at two thirty and with the extra cash stays till 5 30,Good on ya buddy,I dont mind paying for security!
Thanks too Zacs Tracks for starting the trend!
catmando!
Thats good to know, I want to go to Golden this year but didn`t want to chance my truck getting broken in. Guys who pay should get first choice for parking too,lol.

Top Bottom