Summer pastimes...how to pass summertime

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it winter yet?

We'll its now August which means we are halfway through summer, and halfway to the start of sledding season! Which means its also time to take off that storage tarp, wipe off the dust and start doing your off season mods. I know someone always starts this thread every summer, figured I'd take it upon myself to get it going!

So lets hear what your sled is and everything that you are doing to get ready for the upcoming season, which is only 15 weeks and 3 days away, but who's counting...

I have a 2015 Polaris Pro RMK 155, I have 850 miles so its time to do a fix kit, going to give to the Performance Kit from MtnTek a try to add a couple extra ponies for the new 3" track. Looking at trying a 153 PowderClaw just as something different. A set of Avid drivers, anti-stab kit, cut rails, and an 8" big wheel kit. Also putting on a hood strap kit from WRP, vent kit and belt drive protector. Final mod will be the thermostat by pass for added cooling, and maybe a second set of scratchers.

I think that's all, not a crazy amount but enough to keep busy for a month or so. Let hear all of your summer mods!

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 m800 that is being taken out in about a week. going to take the rails off and get them anodized. picked up a new set of RaceWerx running boards from Echocycle that need to be installed. Next on the list is a anti stab kit and new scratchers. Need to install the adjustable steering stem delete with new CFR bars and riser. have a "Thing Cooker Can" to install so i can get away from beat up up cold subway sandwiches. last on the list is a CFR graphics kit and to go ride the danm thing. Oh one last thing upgrading the Fox Float 2 shocks to have the evol can on them and possibly the 36" front end.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a set of BMFAB skinny boards for my '16 PC. Have a headlight delete and belt drive sitting on the shelf to go on when I have time. Still need to order a wrap and new powder pros as I ruined mine on the last trip this spring.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

notsoprosledder

Reaction score
Got a 2008 m8 162. Chipped my primary when a bolt went for a ride while jumping, so thats the big expenditure for the year. Looking at aftermarket options though. Anybody run a comet clutch? How are they?
also gotta finish my handlebar setup. Got a cfr dan treadway bar on with a fly billet riser and t post adaptor. Got hockey tape for grips and no ends. Gonna put on poo-laris 90% hooks and rsi gel grip wrap.
also have an rsi handwarmer switch relocator to get rid of one side of those clunky controls.
for existing mods, i have a bdx 2 wheel kit, front shock idler set, new drilled sliders, hot pot, and a jaws performance lightweight can.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2014 M8000. Changing it from a 153 to 162 (anyone got some rails to sell?) 36" front end, upgrade the running boards, put in a steering bushing to get rid of some of the slop in the adjustable post. Maybe a wrap if I can find one a I like that doesn't cost to much.

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MY m8 is still in a crate in Sundre...... Every bloody day I dream about snow

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thinking about what recipes to put in da things in either of my sleds. No Mod's or major maintenance require. Enjoying the quad and the water toy now but I here the winter forecast is for a good year.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2014 M8000. Changing it from a 153 to 162 (anyone got some rails to sell?) 36" front end, upgrade the running boards, put in a steering bushing to get rid of some of the slop in the adjustable post. Maybe a wrap if I can find one a I like that doesn't cost to much.
Make sure if you do the 16 36 inch front, you loctite the upper control arm to knuckle bolt and special nut

Or it will fall out in the worst of places

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure if you do the 16 36 inch front, you loctite the upper control arm to knuckle bolt and special nut

Or it will fall out in the worst of places

You I can attest to this. Best to replace that stupid nut with a regular nyloc nut and be done with it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just thinking about what recipes to put in da things in either of my sleds. No Mod's or major maintenance require. Enjoying the quad and the water toy now but I here the winter forecast is for a good year.

Ya', new recipes!

I haven't contacted Al/Kathy yet to see what they have for the new 850's. Only 3 months to go so I'd better get on that pretty soon.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya', new recipes!

I haven't contacted Al/Kathy yet to see what they have for the new 850's. Only 3 months to go so I'd better get on that pretty soon.
Read on dootalk they will have cookers for the 850

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine needs a bunch of nosecone plastic and a good cleaning, a rear shock rebuilt, and a quick run into the dealer to see if it'll get a top end on warranty. Probably start on that in September.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are all sick, the only cold Im thinking of is a/c in the truck and a whole bunch of cold ones in the cooler. Beyond that I'm good is summer stays for a bit longer.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You guys are all sick, the only cold Im thinking of is a/c in the truck and a whole bunch of cold ones in the cooler. Beyond that I'm good is summer stays for a bit longer.

Your not wrong....just planning for fall.
Cabin, Harley, HoneyDoo list all make it so summer flys by, not complaining....life is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom