strange food combination

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I ain't got much for this...not really a combination but maybe shake and bake chicken hearts and gizzards...or baked in a mustard sauce.

I don't know about the shake and bake but chicken niblets (hearts and/or gizzards) fried in butter and fresh crushed garlic with s&p to taste is awesome!

Years ago when the kids where young and we'd go grouse hunting, the first thing after cleaning the birds was to get the frying pan out and cook up the niblets. They still talk about those days!

BTW, these are cheap, a great source of iron, and very lean.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ketchup, on everything! Any kind of pasta, steak, prime rib, even lobster a few times. Or even just a slide of bread with ketchup is always good. Besides for desert I will put ketchup on anything, even soup. A bottle does not last long at all....If the food isn't red there isn't enough ketchup. It has to be heinz, anything else is gross.

Some of you are weird with your food combinations though.

You put ketchup on steak? That's like putting cat parts on an RMK

dirtygirll

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ketchup....... A terrible condiment, for people with no true tastebuds! Yikes, don't shoot me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause my phone is glued to my hand

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ketchup, on everything! Any kind of pasta, steak, prime rib, even lobster a few times. Or even just a slide of bread with ketchup is always good. Besides for desert I will put ketchup on anything, even soup. A bottle does not last long at all....If the food isn't red there isn't enough ketchup. It has to be heinz, anything else is gross.

Some of you are weird with your food combinations though.

I love my ketchup and yes must by Heinz but ketchup on lobster.......... yuck! ;)

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ewwww!!!! oh my gosh that gave me the heebie jeebies!! lol.. !!!! blehh!!! eww!!

how big is a chicken heart?

(LOL)The size of a Chicken Heart depends on whether or not he rides a Ski-Doo or a Arctic Cat...:eek: But really they vary but are usually about the size of a quarter or a Loonie. Very rubbery to chew but just loaded with Chickeny Goodness!:beer:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
(LOL)The size of a Chicken Heart depends on whether or not he rides a Ski-Doo or a Arctic Cat...:eek: But really they vary but are usually about the size of a quarter or a Loonie. Very rubbery to chew but just loaded with Chickeny Goodness!:beer:

to prevent some of the rubberyness, I sometimes boil them first. Just find with them boiled I have to use more spices to get rid of the boiled meat taste.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this thread reminds me of when a freinds wife got a bunch of chickens from the minonittes
he asked that she cook up all the gizzards for one big feed
being a town girl, she did not know any better
he should of known by the shape of them that something was up

bit into the 1st one and got a mouth full of seeds and little rocks and what ever else a minonitte feeds a chicken
LMAO - he don't like gizzards no more

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

to prevent some of the rubberyness, I sometimes boil them first. Just find with them boiled I have to use more spices to get rid of the boiled meat taste.

this thread reminds me of when a freinds wife got a bunch of chickens from the minonittes

bit into the 1st one and got a mouth full of seeds and little rocks and what ever else a minonitte feeds a chicken

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW haa haa!!! frick Man that is sooo super gross!!!!!
I do remember when I was little, before I knew any better, my mom used to boil up chicken feet for us to chew on... holy crappers, just the thought of it made me almost puke in my mouth a little bit.. BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH oh man Blehhhhhhhhhhh blah blah

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

now that is funny :yahoo::yahoo:

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In high school i worked for some lesbians who had a small hobby farm, they cooked us supper one night and what i thought was sweet and sour pork turned out to be chicken hearts fawk that couldn't handle it and puked in the driveway.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Haate to burst your bubble but the minonitte didnt feed the chicken rocks. Its part of the digestive track.
The gizzard, also referred to as the ventriculus, gastric mill, and gigerium, is an organ found in the digestive tract of some animals, including birds, reptiles, earthworms and some fish. This specialized stomach constructed of thick, muscular walls is used for grinding up food; often rocks are instrumental in this process.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haate to burst your bubble but the minonitte didnt feed the chicken rocks. Its part of the digestive track.
The gizzard, also referred to as the ventriculus, gastric mill, and gigerium, is an organ found in the digestive tract of some animals, including birds, reptiles, earthworms and some fish. This specialized stomach constructed of thick, muscular walls is used for grinding up food; often rocks are instrumental in this process.
and they are Mennonites

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW haa haa!!! frick Man that is sooo super gross!!!!!
I do remember when I was little, before I knew any better, my mom used to boil up chicken feet for us to chew on... holy crappers, just the thought of it made me almost puke in my mouth a little bit.. BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH oh man Blehhhhhhhhhhh blah blah
Um...you make and serve BORSCH....so...you don't get to comment! hahahahaha

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

fricking towny
any self respecting chicken rancher knows the contents of chicken poop without google'in it

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fricking towny
any self respecting chicken rancher knows the contents of chicken poop without google'in it

Have never lived in town, and never will I. Have never worked for anybody but myself. Spent my fair share of time with my arm up the back end of a cow till I sold all 250 of them, now I dedicate my time to grain farming. so that being said dont be an a$$hole.

Top Bottom