solar tubes in garage

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well iam building a new garage in the spring 32x40x12 just wondering if anyone has use the solar tubes in there garage and if anyone has the sunshine garage doors need the good and bad info seems like them solar tubes let in alot of free light :d:d i will get a pic of the sunshine door so u can see what iam talking about thanks colin

Attachments

• sunview_over_lg.jpg
    sunview_over_lg.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
32X40? What about the rest of your toys Colin?

Man up....:d

Newshop106.jpg

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its really all in what you perfer for windows....my ol mans shop has none because he doesn't want nobody looking inside at his ch!t. Some people put they're windows 8' high so they let light in. I'm not a fan of those sky light things cause they fade and crack. I say put those T5 florescents in your garage and it will be like working inside a tanning bed. They are sweet! I got windows in my doors and on the west and north walls. I'll get blinds if I want privacy!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i live in town chad thats the biggest i can go trust me if i was on the farm 100x100 is what i need hahhaha nice shop there chad :d plus i will have a hoist in there so that will help

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 16'x10' Sunshine door in mine. It has one row of clear glass, and the rest is triple paned corrigated poly (I think, but don't quote me on the material, but it is 3, not 2 layers). I also have 3 other windows, so the natural light is incredible. It faces east, so it doesn't get very warm in the summer, but it does frost up a bit in the winter when it is really cold. I would never, ever, run a solid door after having this one. Price was good too, $3400 installed, a steel door was going to be $2300, so it was a no-brainer. I have 9 sets of 8' t8 flourescents for night time. They are crazy bright, you can see over halfway down the alley through the sunshine door. The only trouble with them is they have a digital ballast, which screws up the radio. Therefore, I had to put a plasma in to watch tv instead. I live in town as well, and I was worried about prying eyes, but I have some stuff that the bad guys can't outrun.

Top Bottom