Snow Conditions

poppajon

Reaction score
Nice work guys, ya I was working while you were sleddin'......no different from the usual I guess. Oh well, the 16th isn't that far away.

Cheers!:specool:

-rossco-

Reaction score
Any one know if there has been any frsh latley thinkin about headin up this easter weekend.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the snow is good in Mcbride. We will be sleding from the Grand Praire side towards Mcbride this coming weekend. Forcast says it's snowing as we speak did you guys see any of that?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were planning on heading that way this year but Kakwa is officially closed to sleds on the B.C. above 2000M.Bought a lot of maps,did google earth and spoke to people in the area. Supposed to be a fantastic area but NO off trail in Kakwa in Alta and article in BC Snowmobiler has the closure in BC as of February. Wilmore is closed to ALL motorized vehicles......have you heard otherwise as I would not mind being wrong. We're going to go to the McBride area this FRI/SAT.This park thing is getting out of control.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fella who was are tour guide last year has invited us back to the same location. He is a local and is part of the snomobile club there and is very up on the area, I have never covered so much land in one day sledding 150-170kms. I'm sure if it was closed he will not take us in those areas. I will update when we get back. I do not know the area at all except we were 1.5 hours south of grovedale.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of the areas are 100% closed they just have restrictions,either on trail or ride below 6600'. There are some parts that are unrestricted in BC but the area from Mount Alexander to Alta border (the wide open area) has the elevation restriction to protect sheep and goats. If he is a local club member/guide I'm sure he knows what is open.

Top Bottom