sand or mud tires

sadiejoes

Reaction score
ey I am going to idaho sand dunes and could use some info on tires will mud lites work or do I need to get into somthing more built just for sand any info would be great

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my cousin just got back from there riding his honda 450r with stock tires. he says he did alright but he recommends getting paddles if your gonna be there for a while. mudlites are also better then stock in sand.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I go I run my mud lights backward,they work good,paddles are better but I only go 1or2 times a year.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not use mud tires!!! smaller tire the better eg. if you run 28" mud tires go to a 26" paddle or run a stock tire with low psi. Trust me mud tires will not work well. Sand robbs HP big time a smaller tire will give you a lower gear giving you some power back. You will need wheel speed for the sand.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What machine are you riding?????

That was my question as well. If you have a 2 wheel drive you need paddles. 4X4's not so much. You don't want to run any bigger than a 25". On my wife's Renegade I run a 25" paddle on back and the stock tires on the front and it works real good. Paddles all the way around climb better but don't steer as nice. You can get around on stock tires but you won't climb very high. We are thinking about heading down for labor day weekend. When are you going?

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mud lites on my scrambler out reform my buddis 450 on stocker,I very seldem use 4x4,its all about speed and momentom,

Top Bottom