Riding this weekend (nov 22)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Grrr....... I just heard that it rained all last night in McBride and no more snow in town :mad:

Does anyone have a good guess if we will be able to ride from the parking lots as im pulling with a 2-wheel drive and cant trailer up the trails; which i hear you sometimes have to at Renshaw (never been to McBride before)

2-wheel drive :eek: I wouldn't count on being able to leave from the Renshaw parking lot but it might be good to go now. I'm bringing a sled deck along for sure this weekend. I hear you are able to leave from the parking lot in Lucille no problem though. Drive safe, might see you there.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sum. I have no choice with the 2-wheel drive option. I was actually worried about too much snow in the Renshaw parking lot and getting stuck!
Now i just hope there is enough for us to rip right from the parking lot.

:Snowmobile1:

Weather forecast is calling for cooler day time highs, so i hope they get a few inches at the Renshaw parking lot..... :(

What bar is good to go have a drink thursday night in the B-ride?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
If someone is there this week i would sure like to see a pic of the parking lot. at renshaw

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
:yahoo:There are three of us heading up tomorrow, (staying at Barry & Judy's) Three more joining us on Thursday. Bring on the snow!

Cheers:beer:

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
worse case we drive up past the first bridge.... Supposed to get colder..... And more snow in mcbride's forecast! C'mon snow!;)

Summitric - How hard is that drive to the first bridge? Would a 2-wheel drive Equinox make it up pulling 3 sleds? Before you laugh, its a company vehicle - FREE GAS !! :d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
summitric - how hard is that drive to the first bridge? Would a 2-wheel drive equinox make it up pulling 3 sleds? Before you laugh, its a company vehicle - free gas !! :d

the road is level..... You should be able to follow in the tracks no problem as long as its not getting muddy.... You should be fine. If you need a tug, i will be there.....look for the big shiny red fargo megacab diesel.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rollinglaugh:

Thats awesome! Will a 2wd equinox make it to Mcbride towing three sleds? lol

God i hope so! Lol. :d

If you see us stranded on the highway just past Winterburn stop and hook up to me with the "F-1000 Super-Heavy-Duty-Allison-Duramax".

I have spoken to a few people who have pulled with the Equinox and they say the old girls 3.4 V6 will get the job done......:eek:

Test run is thursday night so if you see me on the highway best to keep your distance just in case.......

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sum. I have no choice with the 2-wheel drive option. I was actually worried about too much snow in the Renshaw parking lot and getting stuck!
Now i just hope there is enough for us to rip right from the parking lot.

What bar is good to go have a drink thursday night in the B-ride?

The Gigglin' Grizzly is very good. Food is great, staff is very nice, a must visit.
Get a set of tire chains for your rig, some good v-bars are worth the money to save on headaches. If your pulling a 4 place you should be alright up to the landing just above the first bridge, if you got the chains and some weight in the back, but don't even try any further than that. I believe Glen has a 2 place open to rent, you can put 3 on that, might save even more headaches.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Gigglin' Grizzly is very good. Food is great, staff is very nice, a must visit.
Get a set of tire chains for your rig, some good v-bars are worth the money to save on headaches. If your pulling a 4 place you should be alright up to the landing just above the first bridge, if you got the chains and some weight in the back, but don't even try any further than that. I believe Glen has a 2 place open to rent, you can put 3 on that, might save even more headaches.

Hi CR - Thanks for the help, we have a 2 place open. Its 12 or 14' long (cant remember which) with two sleds driven straight on up to the front and the ass ends pushed to the side and one up the middle with about 2' hanging off the back. Probably about 80-100 lbs of weight on the back axle when i tilt the trailer up from the front end.

Im not going to Fuc& around trying to make it up that trail. If theres snow in the Renshaw lot friday morning we're riding. If not, we're turning around and heading for Lucille.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi CR - Thanks for the help, we have a 2 place open. Its 12 or 14' long (cant remember which) with two sleds driven straight on up to the front and the ass ends pushed to the side and one up the middle with about 2' hanging off the back. Probably about 80-100 lbs of weight on the back axle when i tilt the trailer up from the front end.

Im not going to Fuc& around trying to make it up that trail. If theres snow in the Renshaw lot friday morning we're riding. If not, we're turning around and heading for Lucille.

If your pulling that open , you'll be OK to the first bridge, one of our buds use to have a Pontiac Montana (company vehicle) that pulled the 2 place a few times up the Beaver with little difficulty. Ya , I said a Montana, you can laugh, we still do thinking about it. Have fun, and take lotsa a pics, would like to see some of the cabins so I get an idea of the snowfall since last trip.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron, why would you turn around because theres no snow in the upper lot!!! Just keep driving down the main road and theres two lower spots to park at also. Thats where i would park anyway. Scope the lower trail out, you'll be able to tell if you are going to make it up a ways or not.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi,myself and a riding bud used some of that propane at renshaw last spring,and i was wondering how to go about replacing it.We will more than likely be in mcbride later this week or early next,and would like to donate,or purchase a bottle of propane.

thnx D

Not required but the club is always looking for help($$$) to assist us in buying propane for all 3 cabins. If you would like to donate call me or stop by the house, we are a non-profit organization so if you need a rec. we can give that as well.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the site on Thurs. as I am going up Renshaw. Will post as soon as I can, but you will be fine to get to the first bridge with what you have. Heard a story from a hunter that was up there today and said there was at least another 2-3 feet of new and couple of guys on sleds said they could not get to the cabin for to much snow. I will believe when I see for myself.

krazy k

Reaction score
hey there everyone! we rode renshaw last weekend, just a little reminder for anybody riding this weekend, that the lake past the cabin is still pretty soft so be careful:):)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey there everyone! we rode renshaw last weekend, just a little reminder for anybody riding this weekend, that the lake past the cabin is still pretty soft so be careful:):)

At least the temp here is finally dropping abit and is supposed to stay cooler, so it'll help But Krazy K makes a very good point..

Top Bottom