20241018_095805.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20241018_101357.jpg
    20241018_101357.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 37

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come sledding in Revelstoke they said, just grab an apartment and stay for a few months. f’n extortion criminals . 2 bedroom basement suite View attachment 288695
Question Tejay? Are building costs inflated as much as finished accommodations in these resort towns? What I’m trying to say I guess is I saw on another thread a piece of chit 600 sq/ft 1940’s house for like $1.5 million. Wouldn’t it be better to find a reasonably priced lot and build a new house if you had that much cash to spend? It’s crazy the prices in resort towns.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question Tejay? Are building costs inflated as much as finished accommodations in these resort towns? What I’m trying to say I guess is I saw on another thread a piece of chit 600 sq/ft 1940’s house for like $1.5 million. Wouldn’t it be better to find a reasonably priced lot and build a new house if you had that much cash to spend? It’s crazy the prices in resort towns.
Everything , even starter homes ( 1940’s bungalows - 750k ) that need everything pushes a million here . Lots of areas have lower end housing ( trailer courts ) that are refusing to renew leases and then the owners are stuck not being able to sell because the bank won’t touch it. It’s sad really . These are being replaced with multi unit developments with reduced setbacks , less parking and more square footage per lot.- units are around 880 k . This in turn creates other issues in former residential zoned areas . Snow removal is a huge city expense here and every area has multiple vehicles on the streets and in yards with multiple tenants in each .Snow removal costs increase every year . It’s a bloody gong show as many young people want to be here and rentals are scooped up immediately. A prime example is the BP basement suite I posted . Building lots are 500 k minimum in town . And construction costs are huge , I’ve heard 600 $ square foot

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything , even starter homes ( 1940’s bungalows - 750k ) that need everything pushes a million here . Lots of areas have lower end housing ( trailer courts ) that are refusing to renew leases and then the owners are stuck not being able to sell because the bank won’t touch it. It’s sad really . These are being replaced with multi unit developments with reduced setbacks , less parking and more square footage per lot.- units are around 880 k . This in turn creates other issues in former residential zoned areas . Snow removal is a huge city expense here and every area has multiple vehicles on the streets and in yards with multiple tenants in each .Snow removal costs increase every year . It’s a bloody gong show as many young people want to be here and rentals are scooped up immediately. A prime example is the BP basement suite I posted . Building lots are 500 k minimum in town . And construction costs are huge , I’ve heard 600 $ square foot
Sounds like it’s gonna get worse before it gets better

Top Bottom