Cybertruck in the desert.

Gonna win the baja,1000 🤣

Screenshot_20240708_095203_Samsung Internet.jpg

I want to see more of whatever that is.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam things are heavy...

Once the battery toast it can be a paper weigth...

Lol

They say they might sell 5 or 7 of them in Canada this year,,, so much for the truck of year...

They can even get into the market share because Zero is not a number and no ones lined up too buy use-less

The 1977 ford pinto out sold cyber turd in its first year of production and it was the lowest selling vehicle of its day...

Go Cyber Go !!!

The way of the Doe-doe bird

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
April 18, 2024 by Adam Malik

Price tag continues to hold back potential EV buyers​

Financial barriers continue to play a crucial role in Canadians’ hesitation towards electric vehicle adoption, according to a recent study.

The latest findings from the Car Ownership Index by Turo found that one in three (29 per cent) of Canadian respondents not planning to buy an EV cite the high costs associated with these vehicles as the primary obstacle.

The index, which provides insights into Canadians’ attitudes and challenges related to car ownership, highlighted the monetary factors as significant hurdles preventing a more widespread shift to electric vehicles in the country. Despite growing environmental awareness and the increasing push towards sustainable transportation, the initial high costs of EVs remain a deterrent for a considerable segment of the population.

Vehicle ownership costs overall are further pushing Canadians towards car sharing options as many young Millennials say they can’t afford a vehicle, period.

According to the survey, 21 per cent of young millennial respondents reported using a car-sharing service within the last 18 months, a rate more than double the average across all age groups, which stands at 9 per cent.

The primary uses for car sharing among respondents included domestic leisure travel (37 per cent), running errands (29 per cent), and international leisure travel (16 per cent).
is that the BS excuse they are using now? give the BS up, no one wants one other than wankers!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ev wankers needed... lol

I was looking at the power grid in Edmonton and they don't have enough infrastructure too barely power 100 ev's little loan 1000 or 10.000 units...

There's no free power in Albetra since We import form BC,,, Saskatchewan,,, Manitoba,,, and out of the USA in a worse case Scenario...

Power doesn't grow on trees you know...

Both cities are up grading their electrical grids right now too power up their light rail transit that no one is using...

2 and 10% rider ship doesn't pay the bills on multi billion dollar trains that are financed from us tax payers...

The ev thing is a pipe dream from the TV series (The Jett'sons) where everyone is a cartoon charter...

Fake as the day is Long...

Could the ev dream happen,,, possibly but highly unlikely at this stage of the game...

$100 billion might get it going,,, $2 or $3 trillion is more like it...

We'd better find another planet for raw materials if we're going too pull it off,,, as if that's going too happen...

Ahhh yes,,, the Worlds tapped out gang,,, very little raw materials left too build crap...

Not enough money or time too sort it all out...

Maybe the humans on earth pull it off or they don't,,, its anyone's guess...

A 50/50 shot at the crap table...

I'll be gone and they will still be talking about building a road threw the ((( Houss Pass )))

50 + years and its never happened !!!

Nope,,, the great pipe dream will fade-away like the Great Doe-doe bird that ravaged the planet for millions of years...

Purhaps we're next at the rate of stupid'ed going around...

Got too run gang,,, im out trucking Our America's too keep the lights turned on... only the smallest peace since the grand picture is ((( Larger ))) then humans alone

Lonely Roads no where

Don

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ev wankers needed... lol

I was looking at the power grid in Edmonton and they don't have enough infrastructure too barely power 100 ev's little loan 1000 or 10.000 units...

There's no free power in Albetra since We import form BC,,, Saskatchewan,,, Manitoba,,, and out of the USA in a worse case Scenario...

Power doesn't grow on trees you know...

Both cities are up grading their electrical grids right now too power up their light rail transit that no one is using...

2 and 10% rider ship doesn't pay the bills on multi billion dollar trains that are financed from us tax payers...

The ev thing is a pipe dream from the TV series (The Jett'sons) where everyone is a cartoon charter...

Fake as the day is Long...

Could the ev dream happen,,, possibly but highly unlikely at this stage of the game...

$100 billion might get it going,,, $2 or $3 trillion is more like it...

We'd better find another planet for raw materials if we're going too pull it off,,, as if that's going too happen...

Ahhh yes,,, the Worlds tapped out gang,,, very little raw materials left too build crap...

Not enough money or time too sort it all out...

Maybe the humans on earth pull it off or they don't,,, its anyone's guess...

A 50/50 shot at the crap table...

I'll be gone and they will still be talking about building a road threw the ((( Houss Pass )))

50 + years and its never happened !!!

Nope,,, the great pipe dream will fade-away like the Great Doe-doe bird that ravaged the planet for millions of years...

Purhaps we're next at the rate of stupid'ed going around...

Got too run gang,,, im out trucking Our America's too keep the lights turned on... only the smallest peace since the grand picture is ((( Larger ))) then humans alone

Lonely Roads no where

Don

Edmonton has more than 100 EVs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton has more than 100 EVs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WGAF! EV,s are novelty toys and that's it, you are not saving FA and only playing pretend with using nat gas to recharge them come on now. I cannot wait until the batt's cycle out and then it's a recycle piece, and yes the batts will cycle out in approx 8 years or less then what, even the stealership won't buy those back from ya, or by another batt for the price of the vehicle lol! Oh and lets not forget how many EV,s i have seen in the backcountry or at a campground recently,:unsure: hmnn, oh ya it was 0, made for urbanville while using fossil fuel to recharge it,:unsure:o_O

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WGAF! EV,s are novelty toys and that's it, you are not saving FA and only playing pretend with using nat gas to recharge them come on now. I cannot wait until the batt's cycle out and then it's a recycle piece, and yes the batts will cycle out in approx 8 years or less then what, even the stealership won't buy those back from ya, or by another batt for the price of the vehicle lol! Oh and lets not forget how many EV,s i have seen in the backcountry or at a campground recently,:unsure: hmnn, oh ya it was 0, made for urbanville while using fossil fuel to recharge it,:unsure:o_O

You’re saving a lot of money. My cost to drive 100km is about $4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’re saving a lot of money. My cost to drive 100km is about $4.

It took you 3days to go to Etown from the farm, I guess your time is not at all valuable or you think you will live to be Yoda,s age. I could have done that trip in 9hrs with lunch and supper stops.;)

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It took you 3days to go to Etown from the farm, I guess your time is not at all valuable or you think you will live to be Yoda,s age. I could have done that trip in 9hrs with lunch and supper stops.;)

My time is worth $0/hour.

ecc3eefb248142dc2fd1cad5791e21b5.png

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Add in one mountain pass at highway speeds. The battery would be done in 30 miles and the motors would be overheating from the constant load.

Re; Elon R Musk; You're absolutely right! I've been saying this for years - our current battery tech has limitations, especially when it comes to high-performance driving. That's why we're working on next-gen battery cells that can handle the demands of extreme driving conditions, like mountain passes at high speeds. And, as you mentioned, thermal management is crucial to prevent motor overheating. We're tackling these challenges head-on with our new powertrain designs and advanced cooling systems. Stay tuned - we'll get there! The future of sustainable energy and transportation depends on it.

1721512075873.png

Top Bottom