Prepping for the season

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starting to tinker around with a few things for the upcoming season. I would like to have a small shovel and potentially a saw mounted in an easily accessible spot on the sled. I'm not a fan of tunnel bags, so won't be going that route. I might try and modify a shovel so that it fits within and mouts directly to the linq brackets. Ideas?
Picked up this saw on prime day for $30. Ran into another group this past season that had one and made me jealous. Maybe I'm just getting too lazy! Undecided if it's worth the hassle to carry it yet, but it was too good a deal to pass up. Trying to find a convenient way to store it. It might fit under the right panel, but I currently have my spare belt there. Not sure I can stomach giving brp $500 for the seat with the belt storage that should have come as standard.
I also discovered that the tab on a documents holder/tool tube fit perfectly into a linq mount. With a small aluminum bracket and a linq latch, it could make for some compact storage.
What additions or changes do you have planned for the season?

IMG_1928.jpeg
IMG_1929.jpeg

Last edited:

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s pretty sweet looking little saw man, must not weigh much either.

I’m eager to read how it does this season

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You drive your sled into a tree trap, you saw and lift your way out. That's just the rule of mountain riding. No shortcuts.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing is with saw and shovel on tunnel it becomes a block of ice

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing is with saw and shovel on tunnel it becomes a block of ice
Zero issues with Shovel or Saw icing,empty LINQ bracket for gas can ices up but chips out easy at end of the day.

There’s a huge advantage having a larger shovel on the tunnel,big thing is your back pack never needs removing to get at what I call a teaspoon in comparison for a shovel which most people carry,myself included.Ive packed a variety of different shovels on my back since 1986 and nothing compares to the one on my tunnel.This thing has been on-off a thousand times and is so convenient most guys I ride with don’t fiddle with there own shovel if I’m in close proximity to them.

Last edited:

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice setup Dale. Being a machinest sure helps. Also you farmers can handle that grain shovel.
Thanks Pete,it’s the real ticket and have been asked to custom build these but don’t have time.I find it especially handy on the trail to shovel chunks of snow on top of track then inch sled forward to crush chunk against exchanger when scratchers won’t cut it.Not every trail is conducive for sawing in to cool sled.

Top Bottom