Polaris 800 went bang

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding my Poo - laris the other day and all of the sudden it went bang, not the engine... Now it will not move. Wondering if it would be the transfer case or did I blow a belt? What is the easiest way to tell? I guess I will have to take apart everything to get to the hausing of the belt...:(

Any ideas???

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just pull the cover off the belt and you will see if its the belt or more.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I got the quad over to Smurff's repair bar last night and started tearing it down. It ended up being a broken belt. Unfornunatley when the belt broke, it also broke the inside housing :confused:, cheap plastic! That must have been the bang I heard. Oh well, back to Cycle Works to blow my hard earned money on these toys!!!:(

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many miles did ya have on the belt that broke ??

I run tracks in the winter and I change my belt once year ... every spring. (My rides a Yamaha)

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many miles did ya have on the belt that broke ??

I run tracks in the winter and I change my belt once year ... every spring. (My rides a Yamaha)

Just bought it used in the fall. I should have checked out the belt, as it was due to be changed, but never did (I am a loser). I will be checking this annually from now on!

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought it used in the fall. I should have checked out the belt, as it was due to be changed, but never did (I am a loser). I will be checking this annually from now on!

Oh I wouldn't say that (Yer a loser) ... heck, I rode my Grizz for three or four years before I ever checked the belt :rolleyes: .... but since then, like you said & I do ... once a year is cheap ... besides, the belt will usually break when you're 20 miles back in "No-Man's Land" ... then it's a long walk out. :eek:

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I blew my belt out in the sticks not to hard to change but like what was said earlier check out your eq before u head out easier to work on in the shop than in a foot of mud one more thing it doesnt matter what machine you have once you get them dirty they look the same and all machines in one way or another have there own problems

Jazzygurl

Reaction score
Oh I wouldn't say that (Yer a loser) ... heck, I rode my Grizz for three or four years before I ever checked the belt :rolleyes: .... but since then, like you said & I do ... once a year is cheap ... besides, the belt will usually break when you're 20 miles back in "No-Man's Land" ... then it's a long walk out. :eek:

Did ya expect anything less....after all it is a Grizz!!! :d

Ryeser... I love how you call it your Poo....machine.. lol are things looking up for ya now?? :)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That explains the polaris......:d:d:d

Top Bottom