Old av pack

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010ish sno pulse vest would it be prudent to dispose of or sell it? Really I have no reason think it’s got anything wrong but it’s 14-15 years old.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010ish sno pulse vest would it be prudent to dispose of or sell it? Really I have no reason think it’s got anything wrong but it’s 14-15 years old.
I had one to sell a couple years ago. I took it to the distributor in Golden and for $70 they blew it off and examined it and repacked it and gave me a written letter it was in good working condition. I sold it for $450 with the letter and the guy was very happy.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In saying that why is it on you if they die using something they bought from you? Did you lie and tell them it was new and guaranteed to work and save lives? I’m guessing not. Someone buying something used should always do their own due diligence on said product, learn how to use it and understand how it works and that maintenance on anything is key.The proof isn’t there that AVpacks actually will save you either. A guy gets caught in a big avy and dies wearing your pack doesn’t make it your fault. An AV pack isn’t a parachute, it doesn’t all but guarantee you jump from the plane and not die, it may increase a chance of survival by 10-20% tops. Would you sell a used car and go I just had it at the shop, got transmission and engine rebuilt, all new tires, brakes, front end work. Serviced driveshaft, interior professionally detailed, it’s guaranteed to work for you for a long time I just spent $10000 on it……. Hell no, a used vehicle can strand someone in the middle of nowhere in -30 and kill them just as easily as an avalanche…… sell used things as such, people need to stop babysitting everyone and let people learn and make mistakes for themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My last used av pack I sold was a 2012 model, sold it a couple years ago for $300, I told the guy it was set off every year which it was, may need a service which is easy, new o rings and such, priced it so it left room for him to do the service if he wanted and gave him no guarantee. He’s a grown up and someone in which there’s a 99% guarantee I will never see again.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you but I’ve always been wired with a conscience so it made me feel better. Nowadays people will sue you for basically nothing. I wanted to sell it knowing it was safe. If it was a car or a widget I wouldn’t have bothered because it’s not life threatening. Lots of people don’t care and that’s fine. I’m not like that thus why I did it.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is really nothing to wear out other than the material getting chaffed. Those old snow pulse rigs were built like tanks although some of the very early ones had a recall. Pop it off to make sure it functions properly and give it a good inspection for wear. They recommend you do it annually anyway.
I'm milking mine for as long as possible.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one to sell a couple years ago. I took it to the distributor in Golden and for $70 they blew it off and examined it and repacked it and gave me a written letter it was in good working condition. I sold it for $450 with the letter and the guy was very happy.
Good idea, thanks!

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In saying that why is it on you if they die using something they bought from you? Did you lie and tell them it was new and guaranteed to work and save lives? I’m guessing not. Someone buying something used should always do their own due diligence on said product, learn how to use it and understand how it works and that maintenance on anything is key.The proof isn’t there that AVpacks actually will save you either. A guy gets caught in a big avy and dies wearing your pack doesn’t make it your fault. An AV pack isn’t a parachute, it doesn’t all but guarantee you jump from the plane and not die, it may increase a chance of survival by 10-20% tops. Would you sell a used car and go I just had it at the shop, got transmission and engine rebuilt, all new tires, brakes, front end work. Serviced driveshaft, interior professionally detailed, it’s guaranteed to work for you for a long time I just spent $10000 on it……. Hell no, a used vehicle can strand someone in the middle of nowhere in -30 and kill them just as easily as an avalanche…… sell used things as such, people need to stop babysitting everyone and let people learn and make mistakes for themselves

Seems like every g’dam thread on here has to turn into conspiracy theories, anti-government rants, or how shity the world and the people of the world are. The guy just wanted to make sure the avy pac he was selling bloody well worked. Why is that such a big fawkin deal.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you but I’ve always been wired with a conscience so it made me feel better. Nowadays people will sue you for basically nothing. I wanted to sell it knowing it was safe. If it was a car or a widget I wouldn’t have bothered because it’s not life threatening. Lots of people don’t care and that’s fine. I’m not like that thus why I did it.
Well said sir!

Top Bottom