Oil Injection Delete on 2001 Summit

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to premix and need some advice on the setup. I have a 2001 Summit 800 motor. I picked up the Block off plate, gasket and oil line, as per this picture:
OilInjectionDelete.jpg

On the top part of the block it has a small oil tank that is piped in, but from what i have read some people just use an oil line that is plugged off instead of using a tank. Is this ok to do so? (cheaper and easier if possible)

Also other then draining my oil and gas before doing this do i have to prime the oil line on the bottom or some how make sure that there is no air bubbles in the hose? (#26 on the picture at the bottom)

440Oila.gif

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That pic is right, but you still have to put another line on. This line will have to be put through the cover plate you put on and ran up to the nipple above to complete a closed circut, You have to put oil in this line to keep the water pump and oil shafts still lubercaited. This line will only have to be about 4 inches long and filled once per year.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you only need one line. and it will go to the fiting shown on the diagram. you CAN use a straight tube but it cant be blocked off. it needs to be vented. think of a straw with water in it. in the past i have used a check valve to let air in and nothing out. however it doesnt work all that well and ive switched to the oil resevoir asits vented and doesnt leak,.

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you only need one line. and it will go to the fiting shown on the diagram. you CAN use a straight tube but it cant be blocked off. it needs to be vented. think of a straw with water in it. in the past i have used a check valve to let air in and nothing out. however it doesnt work all that well and ive switched to the oil resevoir asits vented and doesnt leak,.

I'm glad i don't have to run a line through the cover plate **PHEW** but thanks for the info about the venting.
So you use the actuall oil resevoir assembly like in the picture? or what did you use?
would you mind showing me a picture of it?
Tx

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used the brp resevoir. but you can use tons of different things. the bottle is stupid expensive for what it is.

Thanks maxwell.

I purchased the reservoir and finally got the delete done. Sled started up right away after i realized that the kill switch was on.

Sled runs way better, no leaving a white cloud behind me.

Also tx all for the info and tips

Top Bottom