Nascar

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank christ for pvr. fast track to the last 10 laps. was having a hard time staying awake for the first stage. lose the restrictor plates except for daytona and dega and atlanta with be worth watching again. boring!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still think it’s better racing than someone 6 seconds in the lead. At least they are bunched up and making moves all the time

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your prerogative. impossible to pass because these cars suck. i like watching the best cars battle it out back when they weren't so aero sensitive. unless you have a pusher you go no where.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh there is no right or wrong. It’s all what you get out of it or like. When I first started watching the sport I only liked the mile and a half’s and the super speedway’s. Now I like the short tracks just as much. It’s all what you like bud.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be our 20th straight year with 2020 missed because of the Covid drama. Happy to see Phoenix will stay the Championship race again for 2025! Have you been before? I can give you some tips if you want

Nypex1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not been to the Phoenix race yet. It just so happens to be right after we are finishing up with our Bourgault meetings so I decided to stay for a few more days and take in the races Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Should be a great time. I've been to a few races in the past...any and all tips are welcome.
Thanks.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not been to the Phoenix race yet. It just so happens to be right after we are finishing up with our Bourgault meetings so I decided to stay for a few more days and take in the races Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. Should be a great time. I've been to a few races in the past...any and all tips are welcome.
Thanks.
Truck race won’t be an issue with traffic Friday night. You can probably get to the Xfinity race within an hour of it starting but I wouldn’t leave it any longer. We usually go earlier than that though and watch Cup practice and qualifying before the Xfinity race. Just look at the schedule of events that day on nascar.com if you want to take that in. Sunday is a totally different animal. Do not be there later than 2.5 hrs before the race starts. It’s a sellout every year and the traffic is crazy before the race. We spent 55 minutes stopped on the bridge you cross beside the race track one year. They do not know how to move traffic there. We missed the start of the race because we had to get Covid tests to fly home and they were the morning before the race that we were fit in. It was a joke. We always take a cooler of beer and some snacks and tailgate in the parking lot before the race because you have to be there early and booze is stupid rich at the track. If you want to rent a scanner rent one at the very least Saturday and pay for Sunday as well. You won’t get a scanner Sunday for one day as they are sold out Sunday morning every year. You need ear protection anyways and it’s fun to listen to your favorite driver talk to his spotter and crewchief or listen to the MRN broadcast to keep up on what’s going on with the Championship contenders. It’s well worth it. I have my own scanner now for a few years so I save the hassle of lineups. Other than that there is a lot to see on the grounds. GM, Toyota and Ford have vehicle and race car displays, there is interactive things to do and some of the food is actually pretty good. They have nice bathrooms now with the big Reno a few years ago and lineups usually aren’t to bad. Other than that have a great time!

Nypex1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truck race won’t be an issue with traffic Friday night. You can probably get to the Xfinity race within an hour of it starting but I wouldn’t leave it any longer. We usually go earlier than that though and watch Cup practice and qualifying before the Xfinity race. Just look at the schedule of events that day on nascar.com if you want to take that in. Sunday is a totally different animal. Do not be there later than 2.5 hrs before the race starts. It’s a sellout every year and the traffic is crazy before the race. We spent 55 minutes stopped on the bridge you cross beside the race track one year. They do not know how to move traffic there. We missed the start of the race because we had to get Covid tests to fly home and they were the morning before the race that we were fit in. It was a joke. We always take a cooler of beer and some snacks and tailgate in the parking lot before the race because you have to be there early and booze is stupid rich at the track. If you want to rent a scanner rent one at the very least Saturday and pay for Sunday as well. You won’t get a scanner Sunday for one day as they are sold out Sunday morning every year. You need ear protection anyways and it’s fun to listen to your favorite driver talk to his spotter and crewchief or listen to the MRN broadcast to keep up on what’s going on with the Championship contenders. It’s well worth it. I have my own scanner now for a few years so I save the hassle of lineups. Other than that there is a lot to see on the grounds. GM, Toyota and Ford have vehicle and race car displays, there is interactive things to do and some of the food is actually pretty good. They have nice bathrooms now with the big Reno a few years ago and lineups usually aren’t to bad. Other than that have a great time!
Thanks Mr. Snopro!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_7465.jpeg

Running the Indy 500 this past year cost him the regular season points championship as well as Rick Hendrick the owners championship as well as the 15 playoff points that go with it. After crashing out early last week and now being close to the cut line I bet he wishes he had that extra 15 points going into the next race.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He’s not quite as good with the Cup guys it seems. He almost came back to win that Xfinity race yesterday after a late speeding on pit road penalty. Another lap and everyone would have run out of fuel in front of him.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty wild race today for the playoff guys. They started wrecking on lap 1 and it carried on to the end. Congrats to Chris Buescher who out drove SVG on the last lap to win his first of the year and first road course win. IMG_7513.png IMG_7514.png IMG_7515.png IMG_7516.png IMG_7517.png

Top Bottom