My experience with the Tesla Model 3

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the major car manufacturers are losing interest in EV’s. Tesla will still be the industry leader for awhile. Toyota and GM have teamed up to work on hydrogen fueled cars and backing away from EV’s. Ford is backing away and sticking with gas powered and working on hydrogen. I’m sure other brands are looking in the mirror right now. Hydrogen is probably the way to go. The climate hypocrisy of vastly intrusive mining and large infrastructure changes for rare metals to make batteries is crazy. But that’s the woke left. As long as it’s happening somewhere else it’s sustainable.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the major car manufacturers are losing interest in EV’s. Tesla will still be the industry leader for awhile. Toyota and GM have teamed up to work on hydrogen fueled cars and backing away from EV’s. Ford is backing away and sticking with gas powered and working on hydrogen. I’m sure other brands are looking in the mirror right now. Hydrogen is probably the way to go. The climate hypocrisy of vastly intrusive mining and large infrastructure changes for rare metals to make batteries is crazy. But that’s the woke left. As long as it’s happening somewhere else it’s sustainable.

What is the advantage of hydrogen over battery electric?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the advantage of hydrogen over battery electric?

Not knocking electric but I believe it’s less intrusive and still zero emissions. What takes over for fossil fuels will be decided by car manufacturers and not governments in my opinion. They will build whichever is easier and more financial sense to them. EV is not working for the big 3 it appears? 🤷

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have electricity at my house and not hydrogen.

how long does it take to recharge your battery at home?

Hydrogen will be the same time to refill as a gas car, and will get the same range if not better, and zero tailpipe emissions! besides water is just about everywhere! while Electricity costs a fortune to get it to your garage charger! water falls from the sky, for free even

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how long does it take to recharge your battery at home?

Hydrogen will be the same time to refill as a gas car, and will get the same range if not better, and zero tailpipe emissions! besides water is just about everywhere! while Electricity costs a fortune to get it to your garage charger! water falls from the sky, for free even

7 hours. So while I sleep.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The governments will fight hydrogen because all the politicians and movie stars are heavily invested in EV tech and stocks

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The governments will fight hydrogen because all the politicians and movie stars are heavily invested in EV tech and stocks

Has to do with efficiency.

BEVs: Generally considered more efficient. Up to 80% of the energy stored in the battery can be used to power the car.
FCEVs: Less efficient. The process of converting hydrogen gas to electricity in the fuel cell loses energy. Overall efficiency is around 30-35%.

Clean energy and Tourmaline are currently building a bunch of Compressed Natural Gas fueling stations in western Canada, hoping to use it to fuel semi's instead of diesel, Mullen group has already signed on and will purchase CNG trucks to use these stations. It's going to flop hard, it's not very energy dense and requires multiple refuelings per day for long haul trucking. And CNG is more energy dense than Hydrogen, so it'll be worse yet.

Of course they could use hydrogen fuel cells, but those use lots of rare earth metals, and most require lithium batteries to enhance the power output of the fuel cell at peak load. And as you mentioned earlier lithium batteries require lots of rare earth metals, but hydrogen fuel cells do to.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was on the fence with ev but then I realized that it is all good...

Petro,,, electric,,, hy-bird,,, hydrogen,,, compressed gas,,, horse ,,, horse and buggy/ wagon/ Slay,,, bike,,, walking,,, skiing,,, all modes of transport are good,,, buses,,, trains,,, boats and planes...

My friend is steam engines...

I wouldn't be suprized if the water auto comes out some day and they've been tinkering with by-oh fuels...

Low cost affordable energy,,, thats what im after...

A million miles on $2 dollars,,, my crf rally 300 is pretty close too 100 miles per imperial gallon which is ok...

My friends Toyota Preus is 87 mpg imperial
Nabour down the road has a f150 lighting with generator in the box and hes averaging the same 87 mpg as the Preus...

Hes only run his generator a few times over the last 7 months,,, free power at their work site up North...

Im getting fairly good fuel mileage out of my 6 piston ford stx pickup truck,,, pretty happy about that...

It looks like j-kot is getting awesome mileage out of his unit,, i bet ev and hy-bird are only going too get better in the years too come...

A broad range of units too choose from,,, they have been working on the swap-a-battery pack system that's all automated for ev cars and trucks...

Pull up too the door,,, swip your card,,, sit back or go into the convince store and have a coffee,,, 15 ish minutes and your good too go when the door opens and your good too carry on too your destination with a fully charged battery pack...

Its like a lease program on the battery packs which is kool...

If yha want a person can keep the battery that's in the car or truck and charge it your self at home or work,,, if your in a panic a person can swing into the battery exchange shop and be on the road in a few minutes...

I think its coming along,,, look how far this ev thing has come over the last 4 years,,, leaps and bounds from what I've been reading and seeing real time from my friends...

Had you asked me last year if id go ev id a said ( No ),,, well I'm not so sure about that now...

Im starting too research more,,, more so the hy-,bird from Toyota,,, they are sharing hy-bird technology with other auto makers at a cost since they have it down pat...

Crazy stuff if you ask me...

I've logged on a million+ miles in heavy transport diesels of industrial,,, commercial and agricultural ...

I might be game for change just too find out if its worthwhile,,, lets face it,,, if I ended up breaking even I'd be happy,,, im sure its coming weather i like it or not...

I won't know unless I take a stab at it,,, who knows,,, maybe a good deal will come along so I can give it a go...

I got a e-bike and a e-impact,,, I don't see anything wrong with testing something like this for my self...

E hy-bird... lol...

Only time will tell I guess

Thanks for sharing j...

Don

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Not knocking electric but I believe it’s less intrusive and still zero emissions. What takes over for fossil fuels will be decided by car manufacturers and not governments in my opinion. They will build whichever is easier and more financial sense to them. EV is not working for the big 3 it appears? 🤷
Or maybe they will realize there's nothing wrong with burning "fossil" fuels.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or maybe they will realize there's nothing wrong with burning "fossil" fuels.

they arent fossils. I asked the geologist here at work what he thought about dinosaur bones and he said in school they get told it's algae blooms. It's basically impossible to decompose a dinosaur body in an air tight environment

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And news flash. It will be at least 100years before anything replaces it.

Hydrogen is a pipe dream.

Top Bottom