Muskoka Freerider

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. he machine parts for mutli billion dollar facilities. Drilling a few holes in sled parts is a piece of cake for him.
Millwright machinist is one trade. I kind of wish I stuck with. It was super fun building and creating. I started apprentice millwright from 15yrs old on. At 20 I was running a giant hone and cleaning up the inside of a 60 inch BOP valve. The Steady rest broke on the machine, allowing the hone bar to bend and back out of the unit. The 60 inch bore head at 3000 RPM climbed up my arm tore off my ear, ripped out most all my lower teeth, fracture skull into sinus cavity.
Tore out my shoulder. Almost a year off work. I went back running that machine and many others for another few months and then took up house painting lol
Obviously safety back then wasn’t a big issue. the machine I was running was a nig&r rigged pos.
I really enjoyed machining and creating things. It was fun until it wasn’t.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Millwright machinist is one trade. I kind of wish I stuck with. It was super fun building and creating. I started apprentice millwright from 15yrs old on. At 20 I was running a giant hone and cleaning up the inside of a 60 inch BOP valve. The Steady rest broke on the machine, allowing the hone bar to bend and back out of the unit. The 60 inch bore head at 3000 RPM climbed up my arm tore off my ear, ripped out most all my lower teeth, fracture skull into sinus cavity.
Tore out my shoulder. Almost a year off work. I went back running that machine and many others for another few months and then took up house painting lol
Obviously safety back then wasn’t a big issue. the machine I was running was a nig&r rigged pos.
I really enjoyed machining and creating things. It was fun until it wasn’t.

My friend took over his dads buisness. Been doing it his entire life.

Dont think he really enjoys it, but he could build you that part out of brass, titanium or what ever as long as you had a pile of $$$

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_6360.jpeg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if they were gonna hit any rocks. There were some jumps/drops in February in Joss I decided not to hit cause there wasnt enough snow yet.

I never really hit rocks late season i find, cause the snow is pretty hard and the rocks are easy to see.

Not saying it couldnt happen though.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not normally a fanboy. But Muskoka Matt is quite the character. If I was 30 years younger, I could be his buddy.

Top Bottom