moved

Chunk

Reaction score
Probably because it should go in the correct classified section, it's really not that hard.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their are no rules on what u can post as long as u don't slander or post false ads so why was this ad moved and to wear

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a thought....... Call the Edmonton Sun tomorrow, and see if you can put your ad on the front page? I'm not trying to be an azz, but I do have to agree with other's that it's a classified, and should be in the proper place. Ferniesnow has a thread here selling his Doo's, but has also stated that they are in the classifieds.

jmho

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought....... Call the Edmonton Sun tomorrow, and see if you can put your ad on the front page? I'm not trying to be an azz, but I do have to agree with other's that it's a classified, and should be in the proper place. Ferniesnow has a thread here selling his Doo's, but has also stated that they are in the classifieds.

jmho

actually you can place your add on the front page of the Sun, ...................................... if you have enough cash!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found it the classified but it should be left alown

Why should it be left alone? You didn't post it in the proper place, not anyone's fault but yours, so expressing your opinion is duly noted for the record, but it should still be left in the classifieds as these are the typical rules, not sure why people are compelled to post "For Sale" items in the general section, or that the rules don't apply - why the hell would we have the classifieds? The "General" section would be mess if every man and dog posted their stuff here all the time. If people are looking for a supercharger, they will check the supercharger/turbo section of the classifieds. I get it that the site seems dead right now so posting it here seems like a good idea, but it doesn't matter. If they are not looking for a supercharger in the "Supercharger" section, they're probably not looking for it in the "general" section either, is not like they are checking one and not the other. If a potential buyer is looking for parts for an 800 Polaris motor, where do you think they will look first?

I'm looking for a new sled, first place I look is the classifieds as that is where I expect them to be posted, half the time I don't even come to the General section. If i'm looking for a seat, I check the used parts "seat" section. I don't browse the Riding Areas looking for sleds or parts, as I don't expect them to be posted there, nor do I hunt all over the site looking for ads in obscure places, I go to where they should be. You're mistaken if you think you are reaching some mythical "greater audience" by posting it in general.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good point guys but I didn't know that since u see alot of sleds and other things for sale in this area
thanks for the info

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go to your profile, press all started threads and it will be there.

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Why should it be left alone? You didn't post it in the proper place, not anyone's fault but yours, so expressing your opinion is duly noted for the record, but it should still be left in the classifieds as these are the typical rules, not sure why people are compelled to post "For Sale" items in the general section, or that the rules don't apply - why the hell would we have the classifieds? The "General" section would be mess if every man and dog posted their stuff here all the time. If people are looking for a supercharger, they will check the supercharger/turbo section of the classifieds. I get it that the site seems dead right now so posting it here seems like a good idea, but it doesn't matter. If they are not looking for a supercharger in the "Supercharger" section, they're probably not looking for it in the "general" section either, is not like they are checking one and not the other. If a potential buyer is looking for parts for an 800 Polaris motor, where do you think they will look first?

I'm looking for a new sled, first place I look is the classifieds as that is where I expect them to be posted, half the time I don't even come to the General section. If i'm looking for a seat, I check the used parts "seat" section. I don't browse the Riding Areas looking for sleds or parts, as I don't expect them to be posted there, nor do I hunt all over the site looking for ads in obscure places, I go to where they should be. You're mistaken if you think you are reaching some mythical "greater audience" by posting it in general.

Seems there is some controversy developing regarding where to post classifieds. Classifieds in general should be in the classifieds. Saying that, the problem I have found at various times of the year is regarding traffic; so far for my "directional thread" pointing to the classifieds, I have 174 views and the actual classified has only 60 views. I understand fully what the classifieds are for and in general support that section and that is where I look for items that I want to buy/sell.

There are some great discussions revolving around "items for sale" in the general thread area and many times it generates good reading and entertainment. Once again, the moderators use their discretion; no need to get one's panties in a knot (not saying anyone's panties are in a knot). Be creative and get a good read going and all should be fine.

Top Bottom